Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Gen 3 vs Gen 4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I personally own all of the Glock generations and all are excellent handguns. There are no longer any mechanical problems with the Gen-4. Initially they tried a different type of extractor, which worked, but some had a tendency to throw the cases back at the shooter. The other problem was breaking the guide rod spring. Both these problems were resolved with reverting back to the old extractor and a new metal supported guide rod with a double spring. The grip checkering on the Gen-4 is a little more aggressive, which I like. The Gen-4 comes standard with an extended slide lock/release, which I had to change out on my other Glocks. The Gen-4 G-34 & G-35 also come standard with a 3.5# connector, also something I had to change out on my other Glocks. I really like my Gen-4 and would recommend it, as there is talk that it may soon only be available to law enforcement, but whether you want to pay extra for a Gen-4 is up to you.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 AM   #12

Whats the best ammo to use in the glock 27 gen 3 ??

Old 11-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I assume when you say best ammo and since you are talking about a sub-compact handgun you mean defensive ammo? On this subject everyone is going to have an opinion.

I personally like the Federal Guard, which is an expanding full metal jacket bullet. The front interior cavity of this bullet is filled with polymer with interior straps connected to the base of the bullet. Upon hitting a target the bullet nose crushes inward and the copper straps hold it firmly to the base. The concept of this round is a lighter bullet moving very fast. The bullet expands very fast even through bone, which hollow points tend not to do. It expends it's energy on the target and is less likely to over penetrate and injure an innocent party. The lighter bullet also produces less recoil and muzzle flip allowing for a faster recovery for a second shot. The full metal jacket configuration eliminates feeding problems common with many hollow points. The best web site for more bullet testing details and comparisons is brassfetcher.com. I have run my own test on this bullet and it is now my choice for concealed carry.

If you are talking about practice ammo, then what ever is less expensive, non-lead that feeds well in your gun. Walmart usually has the best prices on ammo, but a limited selection.