Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Gen 3 or Gen 4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gen 3 or Gen 4

Tell me your thoughts, which do you prefer? Gen 3 glocks or 4? Trying to decide whats best for me.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #2

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Either are great. Gen 3 parts are more available

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 02-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Personally I prefer all glock generations EXCEPT for gen4.

The previous generations have a great track record for being reliable trouble free firearms, the gen4 has had issues since its introduction. I prefer any of the previous generations and avoid gen4. Just my opinion, I have had zero malfunctions on my Glocks.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:32 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like the gen 4 a lot. I have over 5,000 rounds out of my gen 4 17 with no complaints.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 02-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I own G19 Gen 4 and G26 Gen 3. I prefer Gen 4 and comes with 3 mags rather than 2, which means a little bit difference in price. Anyway you can't go wrong with both.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I own a gen4 G21. Never a malfunction. About only 1k rounds through it just because of .45acp ammo price. But I trust it with my life. No backstrap added and the hogue grip on it. Fits perfect. Can't go wrong with any IMO.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #7

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Either one is a great choice, I have a Gen4 23 and love it had no problems with it at all, after 2000 or so rounds, also have a Gen3 27, and its been flawless as well, just depends on what you want, either way its still a Glock and thats all that matters....

Old 02-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #8

Im new to glock and had a friend interested and asked about which is better and what some differences are between gen 3&4. I have a gen 3 27 and love it as well. After research and your alls opinions i feel that for the price difference included that the gen 3 for now is the best buy.