Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Gen 2 g19. How prized is it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Gen 2 g19. How prized is it?

Ok, I've had my g19 for about a year now. It's a gen 2 and I have no problems with it, in fact, I love it. When I got it I thought "oh, no big deal between the 2 and 3, just some finger grooves and a light rail". Well I recently had a gen 3 g23 in my possession for a few days while making a holster for a co worker and there was just something that made me love that gen 3 just a tadddd more. My question is this, do some glock fanboys really value gen 2s over a gen 3. Are there people out there that would trade a gen 3 glock for a gen 2? I'm just testing the waters to see if I should post this offer on my local gun trader forum.

ThinkFast...your life depends on it.

www.thinkfastholsters.com
www.facebook.com/thinkfastholsters
Instagram @thinkfastholsters

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #2

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

IMHO a gen 2 has 2 main differences. Its grip is smooth making it a better canvas to stipple conversely in its orignial stock form it's less ergonomice. Secondly it is older.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #3

I too have a gen 2 19 and my favorite to shoot. Also handled the gen 3 but made the mistake of handling the gen 4 and now want one. More so a flat dark earth flavor. Now heavily debating what caliber (9 vs 40). Sheesh - decisions!

Old 06-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

In my state I can't get a gen 3. So you bet the gen 2 is more valuable here. BTW I found an accessory rail attachment for them.
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/glacraadnewt.html

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #5

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

My department has 2 gen 1's, they are only 20 some years old bur would be worth alot to a collector.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #6

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombihunter804
Ok, I've had my g19 for about a year now. It's a gen 2 and I have no problems with it, in fact, I love it. When I got it I thought "oh, no big deal between the 2 and 3, just some finger grooves and a light rail". Well I recently had a gen 3 g23 in my possession for a few days while making a holster for a co worker and there was just something that made me love that gen 3 just a tadddd more. My question is this, do some glock fanboys really value gen 2s over a gen 3. Are there people out there that would trade a gen 3 glock for a gen 2? I'm just testing the waters to see if I should post this offer on my local gun trader forum.
Hi sir your gun is perfect but I see no reason for getting rid of a gen2 unless you want rails that's it

Old 07-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #7

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You can always visit or send it into Glock in Smyrna Ga and they will replace anything that is worn for FREE. I took my used G27 to them and they replaced all the internals and it took only 20 min.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #8

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMatt72
You can always visit or send it into Glock in Smyrna Ga and they will replace anything that is worn for FREE. I took my used G27 to them and they replaced all the internals and it took only 20 min.
I always hear great things about glock CS