Gap? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Gap?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4715 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1440

I still think it was all about marketing. Many guns chamber the .45 ACP in grips managable to small handed shooters. My daughter mastered my 1911's and XD .45 by age 12 for God's sake.

Perhaps the .45 GAP IS more efficient but it was still a poor idea given the ACP's reputation and following.

If Glock really wanted a .45 auto with a smaller grip they could have easily dropped the silly polymer mags for SS mags and downsized the grip accordingly.

My .02 cents

Tack

Old 01-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

You talk like you know me, are we buddies and i missed the memo?..wait! I figured it out...we went to different schools together!!!

Thanks for trying, but i shot the .45gap not to long after they came out, another deputy had bought it and while we were on duty together we went out and shot a few mags through it.. I wasnt impressed with it, at all!...and neither was he,He quickly sold it. I dont know one single person that has one

So if you gonna highly suggest something, suggest yourself not to assume people dont have any experience on what they are talking about
I'm simply responding to a post on a forum, that's what people do here... don't get your panties in a bunch

What exactly weren't you impressed with? The standard size frame which provides better handling of the weapon? The similar ballistics of the round? The higher FPS from the barrel than the .45ACP?

Listen you're right I don't know you but you responded on a forum and I replied, if you don't like it then I suggest you go back to Facebook, I'm sure your FarmVille needs some attention

Old 01-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #13

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyycanseco33

I'm simply responding to a post on a forum, that's what people do here... don't get your panties in a bunch

What exactly weren't you impressed with? The standard size frame which provides better handling of the weapon? The similar ballistics of the round? The higher FPS from the barrel than the .45ACP?

Listen you're right I don't know you but you responded on a forum and I replied, if you don't like it then I suggest you go back to Facebook, I'm sure your FarmVille needs some attention
Nope, i dont farmville and my wife does all the facebooking.

To me it just shot and felt like a sub par round, i have a G31 and when shooting it,you can just tell that its powerful and has potency. I just didnt feel that with the .45gap. I dont know what the ballistics is on the gap round,after i shot it i didnt take the time to check them out. I just love the .45acp and dont see the need for the gap, that just my opinion.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #14

Quote:

Nope, i dont farmville and my wife does all the facebooking.

To me it just shot and felt like a sub par round, i have a G31 and when shooting it,you can just tell that its powerful and has potency. I just didnt feel that with the .45gap. I dont know what the ballistics is on the gap round,after i shot it i didnt take the time to check them out. I just love the .45acp and dont see the need for the gap, that just my opinion.
That's fair, the ACP is a classic that everybody fell in love with immediately and it continues to this day... Don't get me wrong cause I like the ACP but the GAP felt crisp and comfortable when I shot it and I fell in love with it too... It's hard to determine the right or wrong with personal preference, we are all shaped differently and shoot differently and I think we may have started going a direction that was less than preferred, for that I am sorry. I respect your views on the ACP and your views against the GAP but I want to stress it is no less effective than the ACP round... Different strokes for different folks

Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyycanseco33

That's fair, the ACP is a classic that everybody fell in love with immediately and it continues to this day... Don't get me wrong cause I like the ACP but the GAP felt crisp and comfortable when I shot it and I fell in love with it too... It's hard to determine the right or wrong with personal preference, we are all shaped differently and shoot differently and I think we may have started going a direction that was less than preferred, for that I am sorry. I respect your views on the ACP and your views against the GAP but I want to stress it is no less effective than the ACP round... Different strokes for different folks
I agree and my apologies as well. I guess that ive shot the .45acp and .357 so much that the .45gap just didnt do anything for me.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #16

Quote:

I agree and my apologies as well. I guess that ive shot the .45acp and .357 so much that the .45gap just didnt do anything for me.
I have never shot a .357 so it is possible that I will have a similar experience if/when I give that a try too... I have been interested in the G20 10mm lately though, never shot it but from reviews I have heard and read it sounds like it will jump ahead of my G37 GAP and be my favorite

Old 01-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #17

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 979

Thank you MrWray and nyycanseco33 for being gentlemen. I wish it worked out like this more often on discussion forums!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:09 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Thank you MrWray and nyycanseco33 for being gentlemen. I wish it worked out like this more often on discussion forums!
Yessir, i was a little pissy today... I admit it

Old 02-01-2012, 03:12 AM   #19

Quote:

Yessir, i was a little pissy today... I admit it
Yeah it happens to the best of us as I was a bit irritated too but it's all good... I find that a good remedy/ therapy is to go out and throw 100+ rounds down range and blow some steam... I propose we have an official Glock Range Remedy Day where everybody goes out on the same day and just shoots the bejesus out of some targets and just have some fun