G30sf vs G21sf
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > G30sf vs G21sf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default G30sf vs G21sf

No this is not a comparison, me and my friend went to the range today. As you all may or may not know, i just got my G30sf this week and so did my friend. When he came over, i was cleaning mine before we left. He said "dude, you dont need to clean it, it will have no malfunctions...plus it has the copper grease". I said you still need to clean it because it is dirty from being in the warehouse. He wanted to bet a box of ammo that his brand new never been fired G21sf would work flawless straight out the box. Of course i took the bet and yes i won!! I wasnt sure of myself but sure indeed, at least five mags had FTF. We only load five at a time and after the third, it would jam up. Mine being clean worked great. I didnt think it would malfunction as much as it did. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2012, 02:16 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have to confess that i have never cleaned one of my glocks when it was brand new. I also have never had a problem with one. I only have 3 a 26, 22 and a new 30sf. I had over a 1000 rds through my 30 before i cleaned it. While it is a good idea to clean them they are suppose to work through the worst conditions. I did dry fire my 30 over a 100 times before I left the store with it.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:28 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Could something be wrong with his gun? were suppose to go bac sunday and if still continue he should trade it for something else.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:55 AM   #4

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockpotion23
Could something be wrong with his gun? were suppose to go bac sunday and if still continue he should trade it for something else.
Doubtful. Depends on how much grease the factory put in it really. My Gen 3 17 I bought last year new didn't have much of the copper grease in it. I did however this week get a new Gen 3 17 in at the shop that I tore apart to show a customer how to strip it and it had quite a hefty amount of grease in it. Lots more than I saw in mine. Have him clean it before anything else and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't than I'd call Glock. They'll take care of him. I do recommend having him take pictures of it stripped BEFORE he cleans it and maybe email it to Glock if cleaning it thoroughly doesn't fix the problem.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 02-18-2012, 04:14 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
Doubtful. Depends on how much grease the factory put in it really. My Gen 3 17 I bought last year new didn't have much of the copper grease in it. I did however this week get a new Gen 3 17 in at the shop that I tore apart to show a customer how to strip it and it had quite a hefty amount of grease in it. Lots more than I saw in mine. Have him clean it before anything else and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't than I'd call Glock. They'll take care of him. I do recommend having him take pictures of it stripped BEFORE he cleans it and maybe email it to Glock if cleaning it thoroughly doesn't fix the problem.
My G23 didnt have much at all either but my G30 had a nice glob towards the rear of the slide.