g30s
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

g30s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Default g30s

Your thoughts on the new model Glock?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #2

I was disappointed to see that it is apparently built on the Gen 3 platform. I like to keep all of my Glocks on the same platform for interchangeability of parts. I wonder when the new G30SF and S would be released in Gen4 attire. Regardless, I love the concept and I'm glad they are making it.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #3

Liked 520 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

I want to see it in person. My impression is that most Glocks need to go on a diet. In theory this model actually did, and that would be awesome if they pull it off. However, considering Glock's overall design consistency, I remain skeptical.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #4

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

A GLOCK is a GLOCK...seen one, seen 'em all...

Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 AM   #5

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts

Played with one of these at SHOT Show. It left really nice in the hand but for some reason the new 30S was put on a gen 3 frame?? The guy at the booth could not answer why that was done.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #6

It's because they will come out with a Gen 4 frame and call it an update. New gun, new price! And you know what? People will buy it.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Many of us have experimented with putting our G36 slide on our G30/30SF frames long before Glock decided to create theirs as a release. Most of us had the third gen frames and that is what we used. Glock had some knowledge of the experiments and even had requests to create the G30S so that some owners would not have to own two guns to create the third. My guess is that they had an over abundance of Gen 3 frames, and decided to use them up first before using Gen 4 frames. As far as the factory issued G30S, I have one and like it a lot. But I liked my own creation as well

Newest Threads