G30 vs G26
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > G30 vs G26

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 538 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Default G30 vs G26

I have never really liked Glocks because the few times I have shot them they feel so funny in my hands and I have trouble shooting accurately with them. However, I can't knock on their reliability and I have recently been in the market for a cheap conceal carry gun. I have a friend who can buy Glocks new at an extremely good discount and he said he would order me one in the next week if I told him which one. So here is the question, a G30 or G26?

I am leaning towards the G30 because I already have a .45 auto 1911 and am also set up to reload .45 auto. Plus I value the extra knock down power of a .45. But the 9mm is a little bit smaller than the G30.

So does anybody own both and what suggestions do you have?

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

dango Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #2

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

I have a G30 and it is a great concealed carry gun. I carried it for about a year but now carry a G19. The recoil is harsher with the .45 but it is accurate and controllable.
The 30 is wider than the 9's but I didn't have issues hiding it. If you like .45's, it is a great choice.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #3

Liked 51 Times on 38 Posts

The 26 is going to be much lighter then the 30 but once on it really doesn't make a world o difference.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #4

Check out the new G30 "S" 45 slim slide and frame. This is my next glock!! I now carry G33 357 sig off duty

Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

The older model 30 and the 26 I found little difference in. The 26 was slightly slimmer, not enough to justify buying another though. I've had my model 30 going on 10 years now, it never fails.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
I have never really liked Glocks because the few times I have shot them they feel so funny in my hands and I have trouble shooting accurately with them. However, I can't knock on their reliability and I have recently been in the market for a cheap conceal carry gun.
A major part of a firearms reliability is to get the round to the target every time you pull the trigger. If you have trouble shooting them accurately you are already fighting an uphill battle. It's not the firearm, it's not you, but together you seem to have a reliability problem.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:51 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 538 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

A major part of a firearms reliability is to get the round to the target every time you pull the trigger. If you have trouble shooting them accurately you are already fighting an uphill battle. It's not the firearm, it's not you, but together you seem to have a reliability problem.
Well to be honest I have only shot a glock twice. I currently own a 1911 government model but I just fin that its too big to conceal completely. Someone told me that the triggers can be changed on the glocks so I might do that if I don't like it.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

dango Likes This 
Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

G30SF.....great weapon

Old 03-03-2013, 02:48 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2997 Times on 1716 Posts
Likes Given: 17669

g-36.........!

Old 03-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #10