G27 holster. IWB, OWB, body clock....help!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > G27 holster. IWB, OWB, body clock....help!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default G27 holster. IWB, OWB, body clock....help!!!

I have a new G27. I need a holster for CC. 6 ft tall, 195 lbs... tall and on the slim side with a small pot belly. I am ready to spend $70 (would spend $100 but dont want to wait a year for a holster) and only want to do this once. At this point in time IWB seems like the way to go and appendix carry seems the most concealeable. I want something that can be removed from my belt with loops/snaps... not clips.

3-5 oclock IWB...they seem to stick out...at least if I stick my (unloaded) G27 in my pants it sticks out... a lot.

The 3-5 oclock draw seems cumbersome. Is it just a matter of practice?

There just arent a lot of 1-2 oclock holsters...why is that?

Leather.

Something made for my Glock...nothing universal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

What is comfortable and works well is so personal for every person. I bought a few cheap holsters to try out rather than buy a nice one I'm going to feel stuck with. I am right handed and find I like IWB at 5oc. But if I'm not wearing at least a light jacket this prints too much. For warm weather (just a shirt carry) I like IWB at 11oc. That little bit of belly makes the shirt fall smooth over the holster.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'm about the same size as you. I just purchased a Galco Quick Slide Belt holster for my new G27. A Glock, to me, is so thick I would have to wear two sizes larger pants to comfortably fit an IWB. I have the same problem with a ultra-compact 1911.

I carry crossdraw OWB with a tee shirt and unbuttoned over shirt to conceal.....very comfortable to me in Texas heat. If I have to "dress for success", I pocket carry a LCP in a Desantis pocket holster or, depending on the pants I wear, a Keltec PF9 in the same type holster.

In order to become the Master, a politician must act as a servant.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #4

Check out Galco's Summer Comfort holster.... I have one and LOVE it. it's IWB, with leather loops and snaps for a belt. Easy on and off. If they don't make that same one anymore, I have seen others by Galco, same idea, but I can't remember the name. If you need something right now, Uncle Mikes makes a neoprene holster for like 15 bucks..... I roll with that one 90% of the time.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #5

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

For IWB i'd vote for a Crossbreed Supertuck. I was able to conceal my HK P30 in shorts and a tshirt. Nothing more. I waited about 3 weeks for it and gun belt and it was well worth it. I have already ordered one for my Kimber as well, which should be even better because it's thinner.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 07-10-2010, 03:12 AM   #6

Appendix carry I'd also say summer comfort might be the way for you to go. I love Crossbreed Supertuck but it's not designed for appendix carry.

Good Luck!

Old 07-10-2010, 03:56 AM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You could make your own custom one.
Holster Making

Old 07-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #8
ET1

I use a Bianchi #5 leather holster (with a leather retaining strap). It works well, but I bought a TCP to stick in my pocket when I just don't feel like hanging a Glock 27 off my waist in the 100 degree + Savannah, Ga. heat .

Old 07-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Grog,

I've never found the Glock to be easy to conceal. I cannot carry in Illinois, but if I were I would not go with my Glock. That is based purely upon how much it prints. I'm much shorter than you, but have a similar build, and cannot get it to stop printing without a jacket or baggy hoodie to cover it up. This rules out most of my summer wear.

That being said, I love my Glock...just wouldn't use it for carry.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #10

I've been conceal carrying since 2008 in Las Vegas where it is hot! I started out conceal carrying a Springfield XD9 iwb and I am about 5'7 and female. I can conceal carry the G26 easier due to the shorter butt of the handle. The G27 is the exact same gun as the 26 except in 40 caliber. Anyway, this gun can be easily concealed with the right holster. They are several good ones out there.
Just find the one that best suits your individual needs ie. Aiw, iwb, or owb. I own two Crossbreed Supertucks and these work for me the best for deep concealment. I have one in cowhide and one in horsehide. Horsehide is better in hot states like mine!

In my earlier email I agreed with another member and suggested the Galco Summer Comfort because you can easily snap it on your belt look and snap it off. I still think that is a holster you really should look into.

Let us know what you decide on.