G22 RTF What do you think?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > G22 RTF What do you think?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Default G22 RTF What do you think?

Does anyone have an opinion on the new G22 RTF? What are the likes and dislikes? What are the must upgrade parts for a Glock?
Thanks

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
What are the must upgrade parts for a Glock?
Thanks
1. Lower the price to what they are worth.

2. Captured steel guide rod assembly.

3. Change the design of the slide stop/release to allow for easier use (the slingshot method is great, but I think a more prominent lever would be a positive for the weapon, and it would not affect the profile too much).

Old 08-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #3

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
3. Change the design of the slide stop/release to allow for easier use (the slingshot method is great, but I think a more prominent lever would be a positive for the weapon, and it would not affect the profile too much).
I actually purchased an extended slide stop lever. It extends backwards about 3 extra millimeters. I did this for my wife's thumb to be able to reach it easier. It was a Glock factory part.

However, the slingshot method is the recommended method. If I remember correctly, merely releasing the slide on a new round, using the slide-stop lever, can produce failures to load a new round, per the manual.

Uh oh...bring on the Glock haters. How 'bout this kool-aid: Trueevil, there's nothing to upgrade on Glock perfection :-)

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 08-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
However, the slingshot method is the recommended method. If I remember correctly, merely releasing the slide on a new round, using the slide-stop lever, can produce failures to load a new round, per the manual.
That's what I can't understand. The weapon does this on it's own every time the weapon is fired. I must be missing something. What is the difference of the amount of force slamming the slide home during operation versus the force of the slide chambering a round when the slide stop lever is depressed?

Am I missing something here?

Old 08-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by truevil1313 View Post
What are the must upgrade parts for a Glock?
How about the pistol itself? WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA

Sweet Jesus man, you are shooting a 7mm for crying out loud. Arm yourself accordingly!

JD

Old 08-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #6

Come on JD, I needed something less expensive that I dont feel bad beating up. As you can see I have a 1911 as well. It has been my daily carry gun since 2005. My kimber is starting to show some wear, and besides, I dodnt need to carry around a $900 gun when I am pig hunting, when a $500 Glock will do.

101_1406safe.jpg  

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

No real opinion Truevil, shot a few, seem to find the target well, and if you like and are comfortable with the function and feel, that is all that matters. For a carry piece for pig hunting, two thumbs up.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I have one and I use it to shoot USPSA competitions with. The only issue I have is the grip texture will chew up the meaty part of the palm. I have about 3000 rounds through mine, I have no complaints.

27 Words keep us "free"

Old 09-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #9

Liked 1217 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 386

I'm not a fan of the RTF other than that I love it. A friend just picked one up and had the trigger changed out by the Glock guy at a gun show. I like that new trigger better, I think it's all Glock parts just not the stock glock parts. Only takes about 5 minutes and costs $20 or so to have them change it.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 09-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #10

I thank everyone for their replies, but I guess you all can tell, from the pic in the earlier post. So far I like it a lot. IMO Glock finally got it perfect.

Newest Threads