Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   G22 RTF What do you think? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/g22-rtf-what-do-you-think-17282/)

truevil1313 08-24-2009 12:27 PM

G22 RTF What do you think?

Does anyone have an opinion on the new G22 RTF? What are the likes and dislikes? What are the must upgrade parts for a Glock?
Thanks

SGT-MILLER 08-24-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

What are the must upgrade parts for a Glock?
Thanks
1. Lower the price to what they are worth.

2. Captured steel guide rod assembly.

3. Change the design of the slide stop/release to allow for easier use (the slingshot method is great, but I think a more prominent lever would be a positive for the weapon, and it would not affect the profile too much).

CHLChris 08-28-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 149739)
3. Change the design of the slide stop/release to allow for easier use (the slingshot method is great, but I think a more prominent lever would be a positive for the weapon, and it would not affect the profile too much).

I actually purchased an extended slide stop lever. It extends backwards about 3 extra millimeters. I did this for my wife's thumb to be able to reach it easier. It was a Glock factory part.

However, the slingshot method is the recommended method. If I remember correctly, merely releasing the slide on a new round, using the slide-stop lever, can produce failures to load a new round, per the manual.

Uh oh...bring on the Glock haters. How 'bout this kool-aid: Trueevil, there's nothing to upgrade on Glock perfection :-)

SGT-MILLER 08-28-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

However, the slingshot method is the recommended method. If I remember correctly, merely releasing the slide on a new round, using the slide-stop lever, can produce failures to load a new round, per the manual.
That's what I can't understand. The weapon does this on it's own every time the weapon is fired. I must be missing something. What is the difference of the amount of force slamming the slide home during operation versus the force of the slide chambering a round when the slide stop lever is depressed?

Am I missing something here?

Dillinger 08-28-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truevil1313 (Post 149737)
What are the must upgrade parts for a Glock?

How about the pistol itself? :D WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA

Sweet Jesus man, you are shooting a 7mm for crying out loud. Arm yourself accordingly! :cool:

JD

truevil1313 08-29-2009 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Come on JD, I needed something less expensive that I dont feel bad beating up. As you can see I have a 1911 as well. It has been my daily carry gun since 2005. My kimber is starting to show some wear, and besides, I dodnt need to carry around a $900 gun when I am pig hunting, when a $500 Glock will do.

IGETEVEN 08-29-2009 02:18 PM

No real opinion Truevil, shot a few, seem to find the target well, and if you like and are comfortable with the function and feel, that is all that matters. For a carry piece for pig hunting, two thumbs up. ;)

Jack

Glockanista 09-04-2009 03:02 PM

I have one and I use it to shoot USPSA competitions with. The only issue I have is the grip texture will chew up the meaty part of the palm. I have about 3000 rounds through mine, I have no complaints.

Yunus 09-04-2009 05:56 PM

I'm not a fan of the RTF other than that I love it. A friend just picked one up and had the trigger changed out by the Glock guy at a gun show. I like that new trigger better, I think it's all Glock parts just not the stock glock parts. Only takes about 5 minutes and costs $20 or so to have them change it.

truevil1313 09-04-2009 10:47 PM

I thank everyone for their replies, but I guess you all can tell, from the pic in the earlier post. So far I like it a lot. IMO Glock finally got it perfect.