G22 Gen 4 mags
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > G22 Gen 4 mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default G22 Gen 4 mags

I have a Gen 4 G22 and wanted to get some additional Gen 4 mags for it, the ones with the double magazine-release notch. Various suppliers are advertising that they have Gen 4 mags available, but I just spoke with a sales supervisor at Glock this morning, and he says that the only Gen 4 mags they have produced are the ones shipped with the pistols, three per gun. No Gen 4 mags have been produced or sold to anyone, retail or wholesale, aside from the ones provided with the G22 itself. They do not even have a separate part number for G22 Gen 4 mags. Any dealer advertising these--unless they are being sold with the pistols themselves--is either confused or deliberately misleading the customer.

At this point, Glock cannot give a date when these Gen 4 mags will be available, although they fully expect that they will be.

Unfortunately, I did not ask if this also applies to the G17.

Caveat emptor.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #2

just because they have gen 4 glock mags has nothing to do with where they got them from.

did the suppliers specifically state that they were of glock manufacture?

Old 03-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #3

Yes, the online suppliers have them specifically described as Glock-manufactured, factory-original magazines. I mistakenly ordered some and got the older version of the G22 Glock factory mag. When I called the company, they refused to admit they are not the actual Gen 4 mags, even though I was holding one of each in my hand and carefully described the differences.

BTW, they're going to charge me shipping both ways, plus a restocking fee, for their error. They won't get to do it again, though.

My apologies for not including this information in my earlier post. I'll know better next time.

Last edited by Welland; 03-12-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #4

if you didnt pay extra for having them being "gen4" id prob just try to resell them.

at least that way, the buyer would pay the shipping and youd get out of the restocking fee.

and if it were me,( AFTER i called and thouroughly voiced my dissatisfaction with them) id be sure to post the name of the company that screwed you everywhere, to warn others. that is just not right.

there may be things you can address with the states ag's office, of possibly a local bbb, but for a small amt of money, its likely not worth it.

Last edited by deth502; 03-12-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #5

The supplier was CDNN. The young man I spoke to was Owen. He would not admit the error, finally hanging up on me while I was trying to get information on returning a product.

I also called Midway. They also advertise Glock Gen 4 factory mags. That's when I decided to call Smyrna for the straight dope. Glock says there is absolutely no way they--or any other sellers--have them, separate from the pistol packages. (Legitimately)

Because of my highly advanced age, I've decided that I have to pick my fights carefully; relatively small dollar amounts, I just write off and never deal with that outfit again. I'll still go after the big boys, though.

I wasn't sure the forum would let me identify the other parties, so I left that info out. Sorry. New kid. I just wanted everyone to be on guard, and not to assume the advertised info is accurate. I can understand and forgive an error, but the company should admit it and not make the customer pay for its mistake.

Here is part of CDNN's return policy: "No returned goods will be accepted without prior authorization. All returned goods will be subject to a 15% restocking charge. Returns must be made within 3 days of purchase and have a prior R.A.# with return freight paid. Shipping charges are not refundable."

Obviously, when something takes longer than three days to be delivered, which it will, you're outside their warranty period. Good luck.

Last edited by Welland; 03-12-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welland View Post
I can understand and forgive an error, but the company should admit it and not make the customer pay for its mistake.
i agree completely. i dont see how they could make you pay return charges when they sent you the WRONG PRODUCT.

good way to make money. sell something as something its not, then make teh ppl pay to tell you its not the right thing. not a good way to stay in business though.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #7

Well, maybe someone will forward our posts to them, and they'll rethink their policies. Contrary to the myth, we old guys have long, terrific memories, at least for certain things.

Many thanks for taking an interest.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #8

Default Gen 4 mag update

Well, after returning the incorrect magazines to CDNN, I waited a week or so for a refund to pop up on my MC account. Instead, I got my mail a few days ago, only to find that they had sent me another set of the wrong mags, even though I had explained that I wanted a refund. Another trip to the office-supply store, another trip to UPS. This time, after talking to three different people at CDNN over two days, I got them to send me a UPS shipping label.

And they said they would give free shipping the next time I ordered something from CDNN, although I have nothing in writing on that. Wow. Sure. I can hardly wait to order something from those folks again. Next time my blood pressure drops too low, I'm all over it.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #9

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Sounds like a pain Welland.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #10

Unbelievable. I think I'm a pretty decent guy now, but I must have been a royal pain in a previous life or something to deserve these guys.

My old nuns would have told me to offer it up for the poor souls in Purgatory.