G21-C or G21SF?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > G21-C or G21SF?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default G21-C or G21SF?

I am saving to buy another .45 ACP Glock.

Anyone recommend the C models or the SF model?

I plan to use this gun for CCW/Target Shooting/as a backup( primary will most likely be a 12 gauge with slugs) for Boar/'Gator Hunting.

"True Happiness is a warm .357,.45 ACP,.38 Special,.410 or a 12 gauge & a cold Sun Drop." ME

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Last edited by WannaGator; 05-09-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: More Info

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-09-2011, 11:59 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I believe the "C" stands for Compensated. IMO not good for CCW because the ported barrel directs some of the gases and flash upwards. If you had to use the gun to defend yourself after dark, the flash could temporarily blind you, making follow up shots difficult if not impossible. My recommendation is go with the 21SF.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #3

I have the 21sf and love it. I also have a 23c and I dont see that big of a difference between a "c" model and normal. Thats just me. I know it is to help reduce the recoil, it seames the same to me. You cant go wrong either way. oh.. and the muzzle flash from the c is their but it just dosent get in my way like others say it does or can, everyone is different.

Last edited by cmac84; 05-10-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #4

I have the 23 C and one thing I have noticed is the front sight starts turning black if you are putting alot of rounds through it. It is a pretty big difference for the felt recoil and much louder with the compensated barrel.