G17 trigger pull and reset options

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > G17 trigger pull and reset options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default G17 trigger pull and reset options

I'm looking to get a trigger pull of 3.5 with the shortest reset possible. I dont want to replace the trigger itself or change the appearance of it in any way. I know if I get a new york spring I can have a very short reset but they only make that in a 12 & 8lb spring that I know of. That coupled with a 3.5lb connector still gives me a trigger pull of about 5lbs give or take. Anyone know of any other options??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-04-2011, 04:03 AM   #2

There are a number of options. Just do a search for "adjustable Glock trigger".

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 08-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You can use a 3.5 lb connecter with the 8 lb NY1 trigger spring and you'll have roughly a 5 lb trigger pull, with the pull being spread out consistently over the entire trigger pull, instead of stacked up at the end like normal Glock springs. I'm not sure that the reset is any better with the NY springs, but the parts are cheap so I would just try the different setups and see what you think.

I thought the 3.5/NY1 combo was interesting, but went back to my stock trigger spring.

MidwayUSA: Glock NY1 trigger spring

Glock OEM 3.5 Connector (scroll to bottom)

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Last edited by Bighead; 08-07-2011 at 12:49 PM.