Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > G 30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 12:43 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

This is the handgun I'm really considering for my 21st birthday next month. I'm leaning towards the short frame, only because it'll be easier to carry in the future when I decide to. But other than the original being able to take the 21's magazines, I don't know of much difference.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of the people." -- V, V for Vendetta

Old 12-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #12

Quote:
May I redirect you to WW-2 history? The Thompson and the 1911 did what to how many Germans??? And with a hard ball round at that---

According to the FBI, the .45ACP is the 100% base line for stopping power and also according to them, about 70% of Police forces are so armed; here in GA the % is higher.
Interesting. Never seen the FBI quote before.

The Germans and Japanese, although on the receiving end of the .45 ACP, have never seen fit to adopt it. I wonder why?

The rest of the world's police and military forces have largely been satisfied with the performance of the 9mm. It's easier to train new recruits with, the guns generally are more reliable and hold more rounds, and the 9mm is effective if the bullet is placed right, and this is the most important aspect in any self defense shooting.

I'd say that around the world, more terrorists and criminals are shot dead by security forces armed with 9mm weapons than those of .45 ACP. Some of these countries, such as Israel, deal with the threat of terrorism every day.

I think if there was any real consensus on the issue of service caliber handgun bullet effectiveness, they would use it.

Service Pistol Duty and Self-Defense Loads - M4Carbine.net Forums

Whichever service caliber you carry, expect a failure to stop and keep shooting!

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=34714

Last edited by MTS840; 12-03-2009 at 05:44 PM.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #13

But, back to the g30...
I have the sub compacy model and love it!
It's relatively easy to conceal, and I was surprised how easy it is for me to handle, as I have large hands.
Haven't tried the sf model yet though.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #14

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Very true very true, as in my next sentence, even a BB/pelet gun can take somebody down. Thank you for being the only one to see that it was sarcasm. I thought that would have been obvious!

Also, thanks to Dillinger for calling me an idiot, I thought the sarcasm was pretty obvious.
I read JD's comment and no where did he call you a Idiot. Sarcasm sometims when it is subtle can be misunderstood. I myself always put a disclaimer at the end of the post when I am sarcastic, but I'm never sarcastic I'm always right. I subscribe to the golden rule...... give me gold and follow my rules .

Old 12-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #15

Wow, some thin skin and short fuses here.