Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > G 30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 03:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default G 30

A friend of mine just picked up a G30 (SF). I have a standard G30 Sub compact. I was amazed at how much difference there was between the two. I didn't care for the (SF) feel or the way it shot. My G30 seems to have more substance when gripping which transfers to trigger pull. Two thumbs up to the G30 and not so much to the (SF). Got to be a .45 if you want to stay alive...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #2

Default Sarcasm People!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfd630 View Post
A friend of mine just picked up a G30 (SF). I have a standard G30 Sub compact. I was amazed at how much difference there was between the two. I didn't care for the (SF) feel or the way it shot. My G30 seems to have more substance when gripping which transfers to trigger pull. Two thumbs up to the G30 and not so much to the (SF). Got to be a .45 if you want to stay alive...
Man, a .45 is nothing! I wouldnt trust a .45 its such a puny round! You need something like a Desert Eagle .50 to stay alive, those smaller MM's wouldnt do damage to anything man! Heck you can just brush off a 9mm.

Nut up or Shut up!

Last edited by User Name; 11-08-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #3

Default Are you serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Man, a .45 is nothing! I wouldnt trust a .45 its such a puny round! You need something like a Desert Eagle .50 to stay alive, those smaller MM's wouldnt do damage to anything man! Heck you can just brush off a 9mm.
May I redirect you to WW-2 history? The Thompson and the 1911 did what to how many Germans??? And with a hard ball round at that---

According to the FBI, the .45ACP is the 100% base line for stopping power and also according to them, about 70% of Police forces are so armed; here in GA the % is higher.

Laus Deo
overbore

ps: yes I do- with 185 gr Gold Dots-

Old 11-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
I am afraid you don't know what the hell you are talking about friend.

Anyone that thinks they need a .50 DE to successfully stop a threat has been playing too many video games.

I would put a 9mm, with a 147gr hollowpoint, and a trained shooter against a moron with a .50DE all day long and collect LARGE bank....

The Interwebz: Don't trust everything you read.

JD

Old 11-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Anyone realize that User Name (worst name ever) was being sarcastic? If not then possibly the worst advice ever, but I think that was tongue-in-cheek. Ease up a bit and maybe we will find out...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #6

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Silly rabbit,

Israeli firearms are for chicks!

Name:  1de.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  49.1 KB

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Anyone realize that User Name (worst name ever) was being sarcastic? If not then possibly the worst advice ever, but I think that was tongue-in-cheek. Ease up a bit and maybe we will find out...
Thank you! Yes I was being sarcastic. I am just tired of people sitting around saying that anything less than a .45 will not take somebody down. I personally carry 147 grain 9mm hollowpoints (golden saber). I would trust my 9mm with my life anyday. Also the 9mm has killed more people than any other round. Just sayin

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 11-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by overbore View Post
May I redirect you to WW-2 history? The Thompson and the 1911 did what to how many Germans??? And with a hard ball round at that---

According to the FBI, the .45ACP is the 100% base line for stopping power and also according to them, about 70% of Police forces are so armed; here in GA the % is higher.

Laus Deo
overbore

ps: yes I do- with 185 gr Gold Dots-
I am not doubting that a .45 is an incredible round. I love the .45, but a .22 or anything larger can take somebody down with a well placed shot. Heck even BB and Pelet guns can kill somebody.

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 11-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #9

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
I am not doubting that a .45 is an incredible round. I love the .45, but a .22 or anything larger can take somebody down with a well placed shot. Heck even BB and Pelet guns can kill somebody.
I will have to disagree. .17 HMR can do the same.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I will have to disagree. .17 HMR can do the same.
Very true very true, as in my next sentence, even a BB/pelet gun can take somebody down. Thank you for being the only one to see that it was sarcasm. I thought that would have been obvious!

Also, thanks to Dillinger for calling me an idiot, I thought the sarcasm was pretty obvious.

Nut up or Shut up!