Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Full size recoil spring and guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Full size recoil spring and guide

I'm running a early gen3 g22 with the factory recoil spring and guide. The spring wore out and the slide began to impact the frame and ding it up a bit. Taking some advise I purchased a ISMI 20lb spring and a Lone Wolf stainless guide rod. When I try to assemble the parts and when I tighten the hex nut the spring pops off. Seems the spring is too wide or the hex bolt head is not large enough. It will usually hold long enough to place it in the firearm. My concern is upon cleaning is this going to continue to happen?

Last edited by drew7; 10-18-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 AM   #2

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew7
I'm running a early gen3 g22 with the factory recoil spring and guide. The spring wore out and the slide began to impact the frame and ding it up a bit. Taking some advise I purchased a ISMI 20lb spring and a Lone Wolf stainless guide rod. When I try to assemble the parts and when I tighten the hex nut the spring pops off. Seems the spring is too wide or the hex bolt head is not large enough. It will usually hold long enough to place it in the firearm. My concern is upon cleaning is this going to continue to happen?
Is there a reason you went with the 20# instead of the stock #? I believe its 18#?

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #3

The stock 17lb was allowing the slide to impact the frame and cause damage. My main goal is build the g22 up for uspsa. I know the gun was a safe piece when I bought it used. No where near the round count to fatigue the stock spring. I do notice with 20lb installed the slide no longer sticks open while racking the slide... slide and frame would bind.