Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Frame Sizes (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/frame-sizes-77846/)

ShagNasty1001 12-06-2012 06:21 AM

Frame Sizes
 
So I love the frame on the 19 and the 23 but the 9mm and 40cal aren't my all time favorite calibers ever. My question is why doesn't Glock make the .45acp or 10mm in that frame other than the full size and subcompact? I'd love to have a 10mm in the compact frame to carry

MoreAltitude 12-06-2012 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For a 10mm check some pics and stats of the Glock 29sf. A little chunkier but loosely sized like a compact.
Glock 38 .45 GAP is as close as you can get in the .45 ACP in a compact.

No idea why Glock doesn't make dedicated compact frames for the 10 and 45ACP, I'm sure there's a reason out there somewhere.

29sf below

ShagNasty1001 12-06-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreAltitude
For a 10mm check some pics and stats of the Glock 29sf. A little chunkier but loosely sized like a compact.
Glock 38 .45 GAP is as close as you can get in the .45 ACP in a compact.

No idea why Glock doesn't make dedicated compact frames for the 10 and 45ACP, I'm sure there's a reason out there somewhere.

29sf below

Yeah I've handled the 29 and other subs and even with the extension, they won't fit my hand at all. And I wouldn't mind having the 38, except .45 GAP is near impossible to find around me

oli700 12-06-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 (Post 1041621)
Yeah I've handled the 29 and other subs and even with the extension, they won't fit my hand at all.

You sure you weren’t dreaming you did or something.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...0/113_0877.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...0/113_0881.jpg

MoreAltitude 12-06-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli700

You sure you weren’t dreaming you did or something.

A better picture than mine is worth a thousand better words ;-)

ShagNasty1001 12-06-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli700

You sure you weren’t dreaming you did or something.

It's not where my fingers wrap around that doesn't fit, it's inside the palm of my hand that it feels awkward

oli700 12-06-2012 08:58 PM

ah, bummer

FullautoUSA 12-06-2012 11:02 PM

My guess would be that they picked full sized because compact and full sized are less likely to be for carry and more for the range and a .45 in compact will have a hell of a recoil and subcompact because it is great for carry and many people do not trust 9mm stopping power compared to .45 and for carry recoil is not really a factor for your choice because your not in a pleasurable circumstance anyways.

ShagNasty1001 12-07-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullautoUSA
My guess would be that they picked full sized because compact and full sized are less likely to be for carry and more for the range and a .45 in compact will have a hell of a recoil and subcompact because it is great for carry and many people do not trust 9mm stopping power compared to .45 and for carry recoil is not really a factor for your choice because your not in a pleasurable circumstance anyways.

I guess that makes sense. There's no way to get a conversion for say a G23 to be a 10mm is there?

FullautoUSA 12-07-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

I guess that makes sense. There's no way to get a conversion for say a G23 to be a 10mm is there?

Not sure a think you could have a gunsmith do it at a high price, I'm a Glock enthusiast not a Glock expert.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:44 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.