First shots with my brand new G22 Gen4 .40 cal
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > First shots with my brand new G22 Gen4 .40 cal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default First shots with my brand new G22 Gen4 .40 cal

Just picked up my Glock G22 Friday afternoon and this morning was my first chance to give her a try. I am a new shooter, having fired about 400 rounds in my life. After the first shot I should have just put her up for sale as at 7 yards it was dead center. While nothing was terrible after that I seem to have a tendency to shoot low and left. From what I have been told I am tightening my grip, but I would like to hear other possible suggestions. Thanks

Shot one:

Everything:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2033 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 392

You a righty or a lefty?

Old 02-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster
Just picked up my Glock G22 Friday afternoon and this morning was my first chance to give her a try. I am a new shooter, having fired about 400 rounds in my life. After the first shot I should have just put her up for sale as at 7 yards it was dead center. While nothing was terrible after that I seem to have a tendency to shoot low and left. From what I have been told I am tightening my grip, but I would like to hear other possible suggestions. Thanks

Shot one:

Everything:
I just got the G22 gen this week too! Love it! See the attached chart which was posted from someone else but it was a big help for me!
image-4238136719.jpg  

Old 02-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #4

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter
You a righty or a lefty?
I'm going with righty and a flinch.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #5

Thanks, I am right handed. I have seen that chart before. Tend to think I am gripping too tight. What exactly does too little trigger finger mean (simple terms please). Thanks.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #6

Liked 220 Times on 145 Posts

It refers to the tip of your index finger the "pad" that actually touches the face of the trigger.

Too much would mean the face of the trigger was touching down by the first knuckle.

Too little would mean it was touching closer to the very tip of the finger.

Hope that makes sense. There are many variables in shooting. Just takes practice to find the "sweet spot" for you and your weapon. Everyone is different and every gun is different. Good Luck.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #7

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Almost everyone new to the Glocks shoot the the left. Don't worry it takes sometimegetting used to it. I've had good days and bad days with my Glock 22 and I still shoot to the left. The idea is to put you left thumb and the frame to stabilize your trigger pull when holding the gun with two hands. Check online somewhere for proper a gripping of a Glock.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #8

Thanks for the feedback. I found this video on Youtube to be of great help in getting my grip right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4IpCJiuuDFQ

Old 02-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

My g22 shot high left every time when I bought it new no matter what I tried to do...unless I shot low right on purpose(no fun) Until I bought after market sights and had my local gun shop install and zero them. Now I can hit a soda can or clay pigeon from 75 yards and get less than 2 inch groups dead center at up to 15 to 20 yards. Grab yourself some good tritium night sights, have a Smith install them and the famous left shot glock gremlin will be no more.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #10

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Most Glock sites are dead on. Out of seven of us who bought Glock 22's. Not one of them needed any site adjustment and all were stock sites. You just have got to trust those sites and take your time getting to know how to shoot a semi auto. Its different then a revolver, way different.