Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > First glock thoughts on model

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default First glock thoughts on model

I am looking to get a glock to use as a service weapon in armed security to replace my old school s&w 9mm any thoughts on model and caliber only issue I have is my big ol gorilla paws

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #2

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

I would recommend either Glock 17 Gen 4 (my personal choice), or the Glock 22 Gen 4. They are the same full size, just different caliber.

If you want to conceal, I would recommend the Glock 19 Gen 4 or Glock 23 Gen 4, unless you can conceal a full size pretty well. It all depends

Old 01-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

i love my glock 19 just a tad smaller than the 17 so it could easily be used as a service pistol or concealed pistol. plus the 17 mags fit in the g19. I perfer 9mm because its what i can control the best and still have speed and accuracy with. But if you feel better with a 40 id recommend the glock 23 same size as the g19.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #4

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Security is universally open carry.

I have big hands as well, carried a g20 back when I was on the armored trucks.
BUT, 10mm is cost prohibitive if you are loading yourself.

Go with the g17. 17+1, can still be concealed. Ammo is widely available and fairly cheap.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Hello, i am new to the site and a novice gun owner of a Rueger sr9.

I hope someone can help me as i am contemplating the purchase of a Glock 22 Gen4 in a small gun shop.
The owner said the gun has been recently been purchased and returned. I am not sure why it was returned but after handling the gun i am really serious on pulling the trigger on the purchase. He is asking 499$ for it. I had him open up the gun and there was still the red greece from the manufacturer in it. which tells me the prior owner only shot it once and returned it.

I really want to purchase it today and i feel he may sell it bc Semiautos are scarce in NJ. (which is were i reside). He stressed that he may not have it as the guns are litterly flying off the shelf.

If anyone can give me any feed back on issues with the spring or any other issues that they may know of i would greatly appreciate it.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #6

Liked 477 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 228

The G19 3rd gen as used by NYPD with 9mm Speer Gold Dots

Old 01-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #7

I've currently got 4, and owned more than that, but I've never seen red GREASE in a glock.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1029 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Glock 17. I like the backstrap adjustability of the Gen 4 models but there's not much wrong with the Gen 3 models.

There's no compact or subcompact pistol made that's easier to shoot than an equivalent full size model.

Since it's a service pistol, I seriously doubt a few ounces and a half inch in length will make it more difficult to carry than a compact model.

You said you have large hands, so that pretty much rules out compact and subcompact pistols. I have large, not huge, hands and I don't find the Glock 19 to be as comfortable to grip as a Glock 17.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:00 AM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

ya can't go wrong with the .40 I've seen field mice take a 9 before and crawl off with their guts hanging out... and that's MOUSE (that event inspired me to never own a 9mm in my life) whereas I've seen the .40 stop animals that you wouldn't think it would in their tracks... as for gen3 to gen4?... all my glocks are gen3 and I recommend the g22 or g35 and g24 if ya like a longer barrel and a few more factory extras

Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesterkiller View Post
ya can't go wrong with the .40 I've seen field mice take a 9 before and crawl off with their guts hanging out... and that's MOUSE (that event inspired me to never own a 9mm in my life)
Thats just stupid.

I shot a chow, in the face, with a 40, pmc starfire, from 12', that didn't die.

Good thing I haven't based every decision since then on that event.