Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > First glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default First glock

Hay y'all I've been looking for a 9mm for a while as a range toy and as something the wife won't be afraid to shoot( heavy recoil) I was looking for a cz 75b or a sp01 but neither of my two local gun shops can get them in right now. Well I kind of blindly put a rock island 9mm in lay away. After doing some research over the last two weeks I don't have a real good warm fuzzy about the rock. I went in there today to pay on my lay away and was talking to the salesman and he looked one more time on the computer for a cz and no luck. I explained to him why I was leaning away from the rock and why I wanted the cz just the fact that they fire every time without worry and he suggested a glock 19. I've fired a 357 sig not sure which glock that is but it felt good the trigger on his was a little weird but it shot good. I liked the 19 love the size he put three different sizes out for me to look at. the 19 felt like it had enough weight it should be light on recoil and a good size for carry if I chose to swap it out for my airweight. I've watched the shows and read the reviews that glocks are pretty much indestructible. And the after market looks huge if a want to get stuff for it and holsters seem to be everywhere for them. I really feel good about this gun quite a bit more than the rock. Is there any thing I should know or any glitches that come with these that I should know about and also from what I understand there's not really much of a break in period with these are they pretty much load and go. Before any one tell me I need to shoot it and get comfortable with it I know and I plan on it I'm getting a decent little pill of ammo saved up and plan on shooting the snot out of it when she comes home lol. Just any info would be great.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #2

Liked 369 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1008

Can't go wrong with a glock,and definitely can't go wrong with the 19.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #3

Yea I feel much better about my decision

Old 05-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney1023 View Post
Hay y'all I've been looking for a 9mm for a while as a range toy and as something the wife won't be afraid to shoot( heavy recoil) I was looking for a cz 75b or a sp01 but neither of my two local gun shops can get them in right now. Well I kind of blindly put a rock island 9mm in lay away. After doing some research over the last two weeks I don't have a real good warm fuzzy about the rock. I went in there today to pay on my lay away and was talking to the salesman and he looked one more time on the computer for a cz and no luck. I explained to him why I was leaning away from the rock and why I wanted the cz just the fact that they fire every time without worry and he suggested a glock 19. I've fired a 357 sig not sure which glock that is but it felt good the trigger on his was a little weird but it shot good. I liked the 19 love the size he put three different sizes out for me to look at. the 19 felt like it had enough weight it should be light on recoil and a good size for carry if I chose to swap it out for my airweight. I've watched the shows and read the reviews that glocks are pretty much indestructible. And the after market looks huge if a want to get stuff for it and holsters seem to be everywhere for them. I really feel good about this gun quite a bit more than the rock. Is there any thing I should know or any glitches that come with these that I should know about and also from what I understand there's not really much of a break in period with these are they pretty much load and go. Before any one tell me I need to shoot it and get comfortable with it I know and I plan on it I'm getting a decent little pill of ammo saved up and plan on shooting the snot out of it when she comes home lol. Just any info would be great.
I was just like you.
Buddy of mine been concealed carry for a while so I asked his opinion. He said Glock 19 or M&P 9mm. Did a lot of research on both. The Glock was easier to strip down. I liked the idea of no external safety on the Glock. Then I couldn't find one. One dealer promised 2 weeks then changed it to 6 months. I went to another and was put on list. He called 4 days later and told me to come get it.
My wife had problems moving the slide back, but she's shot it with no problem.
Ammo has been a problem but I was gone to Ireland for 8 days and I've been hearing it's starting to loosen up. Hope you enjoy your Glock as much as I do mine.
People have asked me why I went with Glock. I tell em when I went shopping for a bass boat, I wanted the best. Same with my pistol.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #5

Yea that's what I want something that's gonna go bang every time the trigger is pulled. Weather people think there ugly or not haven't heard anyone say there unreliable. And yea the ammo thing is slacking off some I've found 500 rds in the last two weeks just local ( I refuse to pay the Internet price) even some federal at Walmart for 13 bucks a box. I forgot I was buying a glock and passed up the tula ammo for 10 bucks a box lol.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #6

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Cant go wrong with glock let alone the 19. By far my best handgun purchase

forumrunner_20130512_002308.jpg

forumrunner_20130512_002048.jpg

Old 05-18-2013, 03:06 AM   #7

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

My first Glock I bought today. I got a 23 gen 4. I really enjoyed shooting it today. I can already tell I made a really sound investment.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:25 AM   #8
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 878 Times on 585 Posts
Likes Given: 224

I have a history with Glocks as a FFL II going back over 20 years. My Glock 20, over 20 years old, still going strong.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:26 AM   #9
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 878 Times on 585 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
I have a history with Glocks as a FFL II going back over 20 years. My Glock 20, over 20 years old, still going strong.
Someone mentioned accessories. Yeah, there is that also.

Mainly, the gun just works.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:34 AM   #10

That's pretty sweet ar10 I'm just thinking my initials on the slide plate cover lol