Fiocchi or Wolf??? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Fiocchi or Wolf???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 04:14 AM   #21
mit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
There have been numerous threads floating on the forum regarding the steel case used in wolf ammo. Most reliable sources have dispelled the myth that there is a risk of damaging the extractor. The real problem seems to be that the steel casing doesn't fully expand to seal against the chamber wall, this allows hot gases to escape and foul the chamber which may cause problems on later shots especially if brass casings are used without a thorough cleaning. Most agree that Wolf is perfectly safe to use it just requires a more diligent maintenance and cleaning regimen between shooting sessions.
I had a nice exp. with wolf ammo and my old M.A.K. 90. I actually had a cartridge that had no powder in it, I had to beat the bullet out of the barrel with my cleaning rod and a hammer. They also coat their shells with some sort of lacquer to prevent corrosion which is just fine if you are shooting a sloppy Russian rifle, but if you put enough of that wolf ammo through a hot AR that lacquer is gonna eventually build up enough to increase pressure.

Last edited by mit; 02-12-2010 at 04:17 AM.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Fiocchi without a doubt. Just like other posters have said, Wolf has a laquer coating that builds up residue in the chamber when a gun gets hot from firing. Also, it's best to use brass casings.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.