Fiocchi or Wolf??? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Fiocchi or Wolf???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Fiocchi is superior and cleaner when fired and reloadable, it's good chit.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #12

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I've always found Fiocchi to be loaded on the hot side as well - which is a bonus. I like their .45 FMJ for pin shoots...

Old 09-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #13

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

I would be cautious about using Wolf considering the problem a friend had with 44 mag Wolf ammo in his Taurus Tracker. He had to knock the spent casings out of the cylinders, he has not had any problems with brass cases or Blazer aluminum cases. I have also read of someone else having the Wolf steel cases split. I have reloaded Fiocchi 40 S&W brass and it seems to be very good quality.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #14

glad to here that ammo is good stuff as I just bought a case of it

Old 11-29-2009, 02:11 AM   #15

Liked 241 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 12

James Yeager has used lots of Wolf in his training classes and likes it. I've fired about 500 rounds of it in .45 ACP and found it accurate and reliable. It dirties the gun but not as much as Remington in my experience. The wolf was milder in recoil than Winchester. But...

A gunsmith told me that steel cases are very hard on extractors. A shooter told me the steel cases damaged his gun's feed ramp. These are good reasons to play it safe and use brass.
Even if you don't reload, you can give the empties to a friend who does and watch his eyes light up.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Fiocchi is better ammo. It's loaded a little hotter than most and definitely hotter than Wolf. That said, I like Wolf too, depending on the price. Some gun manufacturers say that steel cases will damage their extractors. I haven't had that problem yet. Besides all that, I reload the steel cases as well. One in fifty will crack lengthwise, but that's easy to see. Buy what you can afford and then reload what you shot.

Dave

Old 12-13-2009, 03:01 AM   #17

Quote:
I own a Glock 23 and wanted to buy cheap bulk Fiocchi or Wolf fmj before the pice goes up again.
I've never shot either brand in my gun.

Does anyone know which is better with my Glock?
Fiocchi.

They won't even allow Wolf ammo at my indoor range in Greensboro. Get caught shooting it and you "lose your range priviledges."

Whichever service caliber you carry, expect a failure to stop and keep shooting!

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=34714

Old 12-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS840 View Post
Fiocchi.

They won't even allow Wolf ammo at my indoor range in Greensboro. Get caught shooting it and you "lose your range priviledges."
Probably because they want to collect and sell or reload the empty casings. Wolf ammo is usually a little milder load than most. You can feel the difference in recoil.

Dave

Old 02-10-2010, 02:29 AM   #19

Liked 241 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Just went through about 1000 rounds of Wolf 9mm in a Glock 19. The steel cases dug into my polymer magazine follower. The stuff dirtied everything up. I had at least 6 failures to fire, some feed problems and one primer that went poof and blew out its rear.
Where can I get more of this stuff ?

Old 02-10-2010, 03:29 AM   #20

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
James Yeager has used lots of Wolf in his training classes and likes it. I've fired about 500 rounds of it in .45 ACP and found it accurate and reliable. It dirties the gun but not as much as Remington in my experience. The wolf was milder in recoil than Winchester. But...

A gunsmith told me that steel cases are very hard on extractors. A shooter told me the steel cases damaged his gun's feed ramp. These are good reasons to play it safe and use brass.
Even if you don't reload, you can give the empties to a friend who does and watch his eyes light up.
There have been numerous threads floating on the forum regarding the steel case used in wolf ammo. Most reliable sources have dispelled the myth that there is a risk of damaging the extractor. The real problem seems to be that the steel casing doesn't fully expand to seal against the chamber wall, this allows hot gases to escape and foul the chamber which may cause problems on later shots especially if brass casings are used without a thorough cleaning. Most agree that Wolf is perfectly safe to use it just requires a more diligent maintenance and cleaning regimen between shooting sessions.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 02-10-2010 at 03:50 AM.