Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Finally got my taxes back!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

So im here to pick a few more brains of the more experienced glock owners. First off, i literally love the 10mm but have noticed the scarceness of the ammo. That worries me. Is there a big difference in the 45 vs. 10mm thats worth the struggle of finding ammo. Im not a big fan of smaller calibers. Should I not buy the gun because of that? Im looking at the 29 by the way. Second, can I fire +p out of the stock gun? Ive read about changing the barrel and recoil spring, is that necessary? Finally, what are peices you guys are seeing for the glocks? Ive seen a few at 530-550 at thw gun shows but 650ish in the lgs. Is that what others aee finding or is my military town jacking the prices up? Thanks for the help and advice guys. (If I dont get the 29 ill be going with the 30. A buddys roommate is selling his for $400. Just iffy on condition and trustworthiness of the guy. I dont wanna buy gun used in a crime or has had 5000 round threw it. Plus thisnis my first firearm purchase and kinda want my own brand new gun. Dad bought all my others for me.)

What makes the grass grow?

Last edited by Ryadew3468; 02-26-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

If you love the 10mm, I'd recommend going with that and getting a drop in barrel for it in 40 s&w. lone wolf makes them, priced around $100. So for just a bit more you will have a 10mm and a 40s&w. no need to replace anything except the barrel for the conversion.

P.s. while both 45 and 10mm are great for self defense, 10mm has a pretty significant advantage in ballistics.

Last edited by Baxter; 02-26-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
If you love the 10mm, I'd recommend going with that and getting a drop in barrel for it in 40 s&w. lone wolf makes them, priced around $100. So for just a bit more you will have a 10mm and a 40s&w. no need to replace anything except the barrel for the conversion.

P.s. while both 45 and 10mm are great for self defense, 10mm has a pretty significant advantage in ballistics.
Thanks for the info. What about the +p in the stock barrel?

Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #4

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

i think glock says that you cant use them. as long as the run reliably in your gun you wont have a problem. they might wear out the recoil spring faster.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraj View Post
i think glock says that you cant use them. as long as the run reliably in your gun you wont have a problem. they might wear out the recoil spring faster.
Oh ok...I was more worried the extra pressure would blow it up or something. Thanks