Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Failed Glock torture test (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/failed-glock-torture-test-98411/)

Down_Town_Dalton 10-09-2013 06:11 PM

Failed Glock torture test
 
After watching multiple videos of glock torture tests, I got the bright idea to just try my own quick little test. I was shooting at my farm when my buddy told me to bury it. So I laid the gen 3 glock 19 with a full mag of American eagle brass, nothing in the pipe on the ground and covered it in dirt. I picked it up , racked the slide and it wouldn't release. Can anyone have any ideas on why my glock petered out? Thanks in advance.

Axxe55 10-09-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down_Town_Dalton (Post 1396579)
After watching multiple videos of glock torture tests, I got the bright idea to just try my own quick little test. I was shooting at my farm when my buddy told me to bury it. So I laid the gen 3 glock 19 with a full mag of American eagle brass, nothing in the pipe on the ground and covered it in dirt. I picked it up , racked the slide and it wouldn't release. Can anyone have any ideas on why my glock petered out? Thanks in advance.

find some brighter friends to hang out with!:eek:

seriously, dirt or debris got somewhere it shouldn't have. and also they fail to warn people of the dangers of trying to duplicate these "tests" with guns on YouTube. what if dirt or rocks had obstructed the barrel and it had blown up in your hands or face? so maybe you are lucky it didn't release.

Down_Town_Dalton 10-09-2013 06:21 PM

Well eventually it released and dumped the mag but I'm just curious of why everyone else's worked and mine didn't.

Side note: my trigger now feels like a crunching Cheeto when I pull it :(

Jagermeister 10-09-2013 06:24 PM

Maybe there was some Kryptonite on the farm. LOL!

Axxe55 10-09-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down_Town_Dalton (Post 1396586)
Well eventually it released and dumped the mag but I'm just curious of why everyone else's worked and mine didn't.

Side note: my trigger now feels like a crunching Cheeto when I pull it :(

i have no idea as to why. i don't go burying my firearms in dirt though.

it needs to be cleaned very carefully and then lubed. it still has dirt in it.

Down_Town_Dalton 10-09-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55

i have no idea as to why. i don't go burying my firearms in dirt though.

it needs to be cleaned very carefully and then lubed. it still has dirt in it.

I have never before this and I will never again lol

Down_Town_Dalton 10-09-2013 06:27 PM

I have to admit regardless of how stupid of a decision it what at the time, it's still very disappointing. I mean I watched these videos being new to the gun world and built this brand up like it would stand up to anything and it couldn't even handle dry dirt?

Axxe55 10-09-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down_Town_Dalton (Post 1396594)
I have to admit regardless of how stupid of a decision it what at the time, it's still very disappointing. I mean I watched these videos being new to the gun world and built this brand up like it would stand up to anything and it couldn't even handle dry dirt?

videos can be edited very easily! anyone can post YouTube videos as well. always consider the source for your information.

Down_Town_Dalton 10-09-2013 06:32 PM

I guess that's true I just feel like a kid who was just told Santa was fake ..

Down_Town_Dalton 10-09-2013 06:35 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdh2X9CDe38&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dzdh 2X9CDe38


Like this is virtually the same exact same I did?


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:14 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.