Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Factor Glock High Vis sights (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/factor-glock-high-vis-sights-76957/)

Kronous 11-23-2012 11:32 PM

Factor Glock High Vis sights

Am trying to remove the original sights from a G22. I have the tool for the rear sights and all went well there, but the front sight does not have a screw or nut to loosen. It appears to be fitted or crimped... I have aG17 that is the same way. Will they pop out or will I need to drill them out?

ryguy00 11-23-2012 11:58 PM

take the slide off the frame, remove barrel and guide rod/spring. look on the inside (where the barrel was) under where the front sight sits. there is a little screw there. that's what holds the front sight on. use a glock front sight removal tool to take that screw out. don't lose it. then use needle nose pliers to twist the front sight out of the slide. you will not be able to reuse the front sight. put replacement sight into the hole, reinsert screw with a dab of loctite. reassemble weapon. done. youtube videos are available

mountainman13 11-24-2012 12:03 AM

Factory glock front sights are just pressed in. It's just plastic. Grab the sight with a pair of pliers and twist. It'll come right out.
Use threadlock when you put the new sight on.
The rear sights are usually the hard part,if you got those you'll be just fine.

Kronous 11-24-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryguy00
take the slide off the frame, remove barrel and guide rod/spring. look on the inside (where the barrel was) under where the front sight sits. there is a little screw there. that's what holds the front sight on. use a glock front sight removal tool to take that screw out. don't lose it. then use needle nose pliers to twist the front sight out of the slide. you will not be able to reuse the front sight. put replacement sight into the hole, reinsert screw with a dab of loctite. reassemble weapon. done. youtube videos are available

My after markets have the screw, but these from the factory do not. I have attempted to unscrew with the Glock tool flathead. No luck. When I switched out my Gen2&3 standard sights the fronts were clip in.

Kronous 11-24-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
Factory glock front sights are just pressed in. It's just plastic. Grab the sight with a pair of pliers and twist. It'll come right out.

Thank you. I will give it a shot when I get back home.

mountainman13 11-24-2012 12:21 AM

You're welcome. Happy to help. Post some pics when you're done. ;)

Kronous 11-24-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Oops. This one was not plastic. Snapped off. Good thing it's beefing replaced. :-(. Will get pics up tomorrow.

Kronous 11-24-2012 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

You're welcome. Happy to help. Post some pics when you're done. ;)

Ready for the Brother inlaw to go play now.

mountainman13 11-24-2012 09:35 PM

Very nice. Congrats.