Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Dry firing my Glock? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/dry-firing-my-glock-65682/)

GlockRenegade 06-02-2012 11:00 PM

Dry firing my Glock?
 
Is it ok to dry fire my Glock a few times every day? No snap caps, straight dry firing.

Chandler51 06-02-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlockRenegade
Is it ok to dry fire my Glock a few times every day? No snap caps, straight dry firing.

I used to dry fire all my striker fired pistols w/o caps. Never had any issues. I do however, use them now. Just because I have them.

okdonk 06-02-2012 11:31 PM

I do all the time at home. No problems so far!

yogiboobooranger 06-02-2012 11:34 PM

It will not hurt to dry fire it a couple of times a day but if you are going to do it alot. get snap caps. Remember that the firing pin is striking the breech face when there is not round for the firing pin to hit. You only have to pull back the slide slightly to re-cock the gun and fire again. Me, I try not to dry fire at all without a snap cap in place other than when field stripping the gun for cleaning. And by the way, Glock's official word on this is if you are going to dry fire for other than disassembly, use snap caps.

GlockRenegade 06-02-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogiboobooranger
It will not hurt to dry fire it a couple of times a day but if you are going to do it alot. get snap caps. Remember that the firing pin is striking the breech face when there is not round for the firing pin to hit. You only have to pull back the slide slightly to re-cock the gun and fire again. Me, I try not to dry fire at all without a snap cap in place other than when field stripping the gun for cleaning. And by the way, Glock's official word on this is if you are going to dry fire for other than disassembly, use snap caps.

Awesome, good to know, thanks

apowers1214 06-03-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlockRenegade
Is it ok to dry fire my Glock a few times every day? No snap caps, straight dry firing.

I dry fire my glock every night for an hour a night to get trigger practice. Never had any issues ever and was told it is ok.

GaMatt72 06-03-2012 01:52 AM

It will not hurt to dry fire it a 1000 times a day. If you ask any officer that keeps up training they dry fire at least 100 times a day if not more. When I was in the academy we had to do draw a dry fire drills at home at least 200 times a day. Also had to place a coin on the front sight and dry fire not letting the coin move.

GlockRenegade 06-03-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaMatt72
It will not hurt to dry fire it a 1000 times a day. If you ask any officer that keeps up training they dry fire at least 100 times a day if not more. When I was in the academy we had to do draw a dry fire drills at home at least 200 times a day. Also had to place a coin on the front sight and dry fire not letting the coin move.

Good info, but should I use snap caps in ur eyes?

Chandler51 06-03-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlockRenegade

Good info, but should I use snap caps in ur eyes?

One thing about it, regardless if it's ok to do so without, dry fire WITH caps won't hurt it for sure. You can do malfunction drills also. They aren't expensive for good ones.

GaMatt72 06-03-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlockRenegade

Good info, but should I use snap caps in ur eyes?

No need to.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:40 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.