do you have a model20 10mm?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

do you have a model20 10mm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default do you have a model20 10mm?

im about to buy a model 20. has any one had any problems with them? i have an EAA 10mm that the slide cracked on due to recoil of this round. they said they will fix it but i no longer want it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have and shoot both the Glock M20 and Witness 10mm. The only
concern I would have is; do you have small hands ? If so, the Glock
may not fit you. The Glock is the most reliable and trouble free
semi auto that I have ever had. ( I also have 1911's and BHP's)

Old 09-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #3

if you have a witness 10mm, watch the slide closly.the crack that appeared in mine after 800 or so rounds was at the back side of the port on the left side. EAA says this is a very big problem with the 10mm alone. its on its way back to them now. i dont have small hands but the glock does feel a bit odd. im sure ill get used to it after a while.
thank you

Old 09-15-2009, 02:13 AM   #4

Sure do and love it Also, the Glock M20 was designed around the original full power Norma loads.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #5

well ill have to say that EAA s customer service is pretty good. i got my 10mm back today.
i only paid shipping there.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:50 AM   #6

I have two G20s and both handle any kind of ammunition, from the watered down stuff Federal puts out to the maximum effort rounds from Double Tap, Buffalo Bore and Cor-Bon.

I like the added comfort of after market barrels as they provide a bit more chamber support. That being said, one of my G20s has the stock barrel and it feeds and functions everything I've put through it. I just wouldn't use that brass for reloading.

Dave

Old 10-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Same for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
I have two G20s and both handle any kind of ammunition, from the watered down stuff Federal puts out to the maximum effort rounds from Double Tap, Buffalo Bore and Cor-Bon.

I like the added comfort of after market barrels as they provide a bit more chamber support. That being said, one of my G20s has the stock barrel and it feeds and functions everything I've put through it. I just wouldn't use that brass for reloading.

Dave
I have a 20,and it has been to Afghanistan with my son twice. Never failed and Mohammad's pretty boys really don't like it!

Anyways, I just ordered some Buffalo Bore XTP ammo. Any comments on that? My pistol really prefers the 180 grain bullets so that is what I ordered.

As for small hands and the trigger ask Bear about that. I have relatively small hands too. Doc at Prairie Arms in the Denver area did a trigger / accuracy tune job on it, and since then I have had no problems at all with it.

Maybe I found a home! I love my Glock!

Old 10-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sperry View Post
I just ordered some Buffalo Bore XTP ammo. Any comments on that?
I haven't tried any of the Buffalo Bore offerings yet. I have shot two of the 180g loads offered by Double Tap, the 180g Match and the 180g Bonded HP. Both were milder in recoil than I was expecting, a pleasant surprise in both of my G20s. I have two of DT's 200g loads on order for testing. Curious as to how they will feel vs the 180g.

Dave

Old 10-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
I haven't tried any of the Buffalo Bore offerings yet. I have shot two of the 180g loads offered by Double Tap, the 180g Match and the 180g Bonded HP. Both were milder in recoil than I was expecting, a pleasant surprise in both of my G20s. I have two of DT's 200g loads on order for testing. Curious as to how they will feel vs the 180g.

Dave
Okay, now I'm cornfused,as I only all too often say to bear...

The ammo that I ordered fro Buffalo said Double tap on it. From Midway...

My 20 does not like the 200 grain whatever. 15 yard shooting. What I consider combat groups, go to about 7 inches with 200 grainer's of any stripe that I have tried.

Not good if you have to make the "hostage" shot. The 180 grain Hydra Shok's at that range? Quarter sized groups... Not to mention that recoil is negligible. Making the classic triple tap, a real possibility. If I do my part that is.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:12 AM   #10

Have no explination for "Buffalo Bore" ammo being labeled "Double Tap". Kind of weird.

The Fed Hydro-Shok is the much talked about (snickered at) FBI load. I only generates 1030 fps from a 5" barrel. This is just a bit over 40 S&W performance and might even be matched by some 40 rounds from a 5" barrel.

I will concede the Double Tap rounds I've tried so far were not brilliantly accurate. The most accurate load I've shot to date has been the Hornady 180g XTP.

do you have a model20 10mm? - Glock Forum

This is sort of a medium 10mm in terms of velocity. Not up to the original standard of performance but a good bit hotter than any 40 S&W with the same bullet weight. Hornady claims 1180 fps and my experience with them is they are one of the more honest in that regard. Occasionally I've chrono'd some of their loads and gotten a bit more than the factory says. Never had that happen with any other brand of factory ammo.

A good example of wishful thinking by the ammo makers is the 10 mm Winchester 175g Silvertip. They claim a velocity from a 5" barrel of 1290 fps. The last time I shot it through my Oehler SkyScreens I got 1167 fps from a G20. I talked to one guy who only got 1140. Never met or heard of anyone getting 1200, let alone the claimed 1290.

Dave