Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Differences between glock 34 3rd and 4rth gen?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/differences-between-glock-34-3rd-4rth-gen-27265/)

Jumbi 05-17-2010 08:07 PM

Differences between glock 34 3rd and 4rth gen??

Hi,

I'm a complete newby to glocks. Starting to get into shooting steel plates and action pistol and am interested in a glock 34. Does anyone know the differences between the 3rd and 4rth generations?

I'm assuming I'll be buying the latest, newest version as the best one?

Thank you very much for your help
Jumbi

TheSadPanda 05-18-2010 04:35 AM

I know the new glock 23s have a new grip that has little dimples all the way throughout grip. (like a basketball, but more spread out). Also the grooves on the back of the slide are now curved instead of straight lines. (the part where you grab the slide to rack it). This may only apply to the 4th gen 23s but could apply to all of them. hope this helps! :)

Jumbi 05-18-2010 06:50 AM

So the only difference between 3rd and 4rth gen is the grips??

TheSadPanda 05-18-2010 06:59 PM

I did a little research and I think the magazine release is now interchangeable to make it ambidextrous. there are also dual recoil springs to help with the recoil on the gun. And apparently there are interchangeable back straps to help fit your hand in the best way possible. Thats all I could come up with. Nothing too groundbreaking in the world of guns. but fixes a lot of the small complaints people had about the third gen I think. It's so new that nobody has a definite answer to whether the 4th gun is truly worth it yet.

Jumbi 05-18-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSadPanda (Post 286786)
I did a little research and I think the magazine release is now interchangeable to make it ambidextrous. there are also dual recoil springs to help with the recoil on the gun. And apparently there are interchangeable back straps to help fit your hand in the best way possible. Thats all I could come up with. Nothing too groundbreaking in the world of guns. but fixes a lot of the small complaints people had about the third gen I think. It's so new that nobody has a definite answer to whether the 4th gun is truly worth it yet.

Thank you for your info. I live in Kalifornia, so I've found they are not on "the list" yet. Looks like I'll be getting a tried and true 3rd gen.

Thank you for all the help everyone!
Jumbi

ctkenc 05-20-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbi (Post 286241)
Hi,

I'm a complete newby to glocks. Starting to get into shooting steel plates and action pistol and am interested in a glock 34. Does anyone know the differences between the 3rd and 4rth generations?

I'm assuming I'll be buying the latest, newest version as the best one?

Thank you very much for your help
Jumbi

There is no such thing as a Gen 4 Model G34, not yet anyway.
Only 2 Pistols have been released so far as Gen 4; the G17 and the G22

Jumbi 06-03-2010 06:38 AM

I bought a Glock 34 3rd gen. Added dawson sights vanek trigger. I like it...

Oohrah 06-05-2010 12:53 AM

I have them all in the Glock 22, 40 SW. They start with 3rd having the groove slide on rail at the bottom of the receiver. The RTF 2 improved grip, with a little smaller grip and kind of raised dimples for a more secure hold. Gen. 4 comes with a smaller grip and two optional larger back straps, A larger aberdexerious magazine release, and a double recoil spring like the sub compact Model 27 I have. A much better fit for my short stocky fingers, larger mag release, you can drop the mags without shifting your hand, and the double spring seems to soften recoil. The Generation has much improved at the same price!