Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Did you paint your glock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bntyhntr6975 View Post

Must be why so many Glocks are picked for SHTF situations.
Because it's the best combat pistol. CAG and SF along with USA Rangers dont carry them because they suck..

Old 10-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #12
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5876 Times on 2906 Posts
Likes Given: 6231

Did you paint your glock?, sounds kinda dirty if you say it fast enough!

I think they all look pretty sharp, the pink one is cute! Can anyone tell me why some folks just hate glocks? Ive never fired one but there sure seem to be enough Glock lovers out their to keep them in business. The hatred for them almost seems visceral, just seems a bit silly but What do I know, My moniker is A Webley Fosbery 38, one of the greatest failures of fine weaponry ever!, but I still love it!

Old 10-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #13
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Did you paint your glock?, sounds kinda dirty if you say it fast enough!

I think they all look pretty sharp, the pink one is cute! Can anyone tell me why some folks just hate glocks? Ive never fired one but there sure seem to be enough Glock lovers out their to keep them in business. The hatred for them almost seems visceral, just seems a bit silly but What do I know, My moniker is A Webley Fosbery 38, one of the greatest failures of fine weaponry ever!, but I still love it!
There are generally four reasons.
1 They've never shot one.
2 The grip bothers them (shape not angle)
3 They are a 1911 fan boy.
4 They can't keep the booger picker off the bang switch.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Argyle_Armoring Likes This 
Old 10-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #14

Liked 86 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I started reading thread because I used a lot of Ceracote when it first came out and was wondering how it worked on guns and also because I wanted to find out how many posts you could get when the word Glock is used before the bashing started. Seems 8 is the magic number.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

People Like This 
Old 10-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #15

Liked 2075 Times on 1222 Posts
Likes Given: 445

Some people get turned off of Glock just by Glock fans. Glocks don't feel right to everyone, whether its grip shape, size or angle. Some folks can't wrap their head around a gun that doesn't have more manual safeties or just don't feel comfortable unless they can see a external safety. Some don't like polymer frames, and prefer more traditional all metal designs, though it looks like those are becoming more rare. Others waited until other companies came along with polymer guns that have similar design as a Glock but with grip shapes or added features or safeties that they prefer. Some folks love Chevy and hate Ford.

I'm kind of a broad interest guy. I like Glocks for simplicity and reliability, along with parts compatibility. But I also like 1911s for the feel, and some of the craftsmanship that had to remain because if the need to fit individual parts by hand. Sig and Beretta, Smith and Wesson, are also favorites of mine. Some folks have a tighter band of what they like.

Oh, and I refinished the slide if my G17 with Brownells Teflon Moly coating, because the gun was a police trade in that had a lot if holster wear. Don't have pics on my phone, but it is just black, so it looks similar to factory anyway.

Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 10-02-2013 at 01:04 PM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 10-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #16
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 350 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 612

I've carried both Glocks and 1911's off-duty and in competition. I always go back to my Glocks though.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #17

Liked 56 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

My baby!!!!!!!

image.jpg  
Old 10-04-2013, 04:12 AM   #18

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

That is badass. My girl would love it

Old 10-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #19
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 908 Times on 599 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Painting a Glock is like putting lipstick on a pig. The Glocks beauty is in its function.
I dated a pig in lipstick. She could kiss like no other. O to be young again.

When I feel the need to change up my Glocks, I go with fancy duct tape. On in twenty minutes, looks sweet, and comes off again.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5876 Times on 2906 Posts
Likes Given: 6231

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Some people get turned off of Glock just by Glock fans. Glocks don't feel right to everyone, whether its grip shape, size or angle. Some folks can't wrap their head around a gun that doesn't have more manual safeties or just don't feel comfortable unless they can see a external safety. Some don't like polymer frames, and prefer more traditional all metal designs, though it looks like those are becoming more rare. Others waited until other companies came along with polymer guns that have similar design as a Glock but with grip shapes or added features or safeties that they prefer. Some folks love Chevy and hate Ford.

I'm kind of a broad interest guy. I like Glocks for simplicity and reliability, along with parts compatibility. But I also like 1911s for the feel, and some of the craftsmanship that had to remain because if the need to fit individual parts by hand. Sig and Beretta, Smith and Wesson, are also favorites of mine. Some folks have a tighter band of what they like.

Oh, and I refinished the slide if my G17 with Brownells Teflon Moly coating, because the gun was a police trade in that had a lot if holster wear. Don't have pics on my phone, but it is just black, so it looks similar to factory anyway.
Thanks for the info, The ford chevy thing splains it all! I myself like variety, it would suck if everyone had the same thing!

Ive always shot Pistol and rifle Lefty so most of them are problematic when it comes to the Safety. My Dad removed and tossed the safe from my Webley Fosbery 38 cause he was a lefty also long before it became mine, ive just learned over the years to never keep my finger near the trigger unless Im ready to fire.