Decisions to make
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Decisions to make

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Decisions to make

I am kinda new in the pistol side of the shooting industry. I'm finding it hard to make up my mind on which pistol to get next. I own a 1911. My next purchase I'm look at either the glock 23 or smith and Wesson m&p. Any ideas or options that might be helpful?

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #2

Both the Glock and the M&P are excellent choices. I myself am a Glock man so I openly lean toward the glock but I will admit I love the trigger and the feel on a M&P. My best suggestion is just buy them both

Old 02-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #3

I like your thinking, but my boss (the wife) said I get one and she gets one. Two in a row won't fly until I get her trained better.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4449 Times on 2467 Posts
Likes Given: 22406

Ah, the boss.I got one myself but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Depending on why you want a second gun would dictate the type and caliber.

Like if I have 9mm., I got something I can afford to practice with.Protection,I'd want to step up the caliber a little.The brand well that's just a matter of taste.If you enjoy it ,do it,you only live once!

Old 02-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

if the boss not happy nobody's happy . i got my boss a G 19 for christmas . I have a G21 10 yeas old still shoots fine. she lets me touch hers. I took her to look at lots of 9mm SHE liked the 19 the best. put 3.5 connector and polished a little on the trigger slide relise extention gonna get rear sight lazer light for both when i get some extra money

Old 02-23-2012, 12:43 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1193 Times on 829 Posts
Likes Given: 1233

The Glock 23 is a great pistol and I highly recommend it. But handle both guns and pick the one you like best. You won't go wrong with either.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 02-23-2012, 01:12 AM   #7

When I took her to the range to pick her first gun I tried the smith 9 compact. Loved it, but I do like the fact that the 23 is a little bigger in size and caliber. She said I can't get the smith because she liked it as well. Said she may have to deal with it. Her response was she wants a 1911 then. Can't argue with that in any way. Has anyone heard of any downfalls to either. Obviously glock has above and beyond proved its self at the range and in the field. The only thing I have heard about the smith is a very light trigger. I haven't heard anything bad about the glock.