Dangerous glock misfire! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Dangerous glock misfire!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 04:55 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Yes tack I understand it sounds that way and I apologize for the language I previously stated it was mine in respect of my room mates privacy but after this incident I am not going to claim owner ship yes we both have g 30 he got his second hand and yes it may be modified idk... I apologize for the confusion I will be more specific next time and I appreciate your input .....so do you think the only way this happened is cause it was modified ?

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 06-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #32

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396
Yes tack I understand it sounds that way and I apologize for the language I previously stated it was mine in respect of my room mates privacy but after this incident I am not going to claim owner ship yes we both have g 30 he got his second hand and yes it may be modified idk... I apologize for the confusion I will be more specific next time and I appreciate your input .....so do you think the only way this happened is cause it was modified ?
Yep. Dude needs to save his money and the embarrassment of going to court with this and either scrap the pistol or send it in for repairs. Notice I didn't say anything about selling it. As far as releasing the slide with the slide lock, I guess that's a conversation for another day.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #33

Liked 2524 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 2422

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is not a misfire it's a slam fire. A misfire is when the trigger is pulled and the gun does not fire. To me this is worse than calling a magazine a clip. How would his gunsmith know what is wrong when he takes the weapon to be repaired? He could send this gun to Glock and tell them it misfires when they test the gun they find that it does not misfire and send it back. Then he shoots himself in the leg and bitches about Glock's incompetence. This happens all the time, you need to be able to describe accurately what is happening if you expect the company to help you.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #34

Did not realize that rdj thanks for the info....also I'm pretty sure the gun smith my roomie took it to us an idiot

Old 06-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

I'm guessing someone took too much off the sear.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #36
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7105 Times on 4276 Posts
Likes Given: 8621

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is not a misfire it's a slam fire. A misfire is when the trigger is pulled and the gun does not fire. To me this is worse than calling a magazine a clip. How would his gunsmith know what is wrong when he takes the weapon to be repaired? He could send this gun to Glock and tell them it misfires when they test the gun they find that it does not misfire and send it back. Then he shoots himself in the leg and bitches about Glock's incompetence. This happens all the time, you need to be able to describe accurately what is happening if you expect the company to help you.

Very good point, indeed.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #37
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 358 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
My roommate owns a glock model 30 I own one as well. As I have posted before when the slide is locked back and a fresh mag is inserted, if you chamber a round by just using the slide release the gun will very rarely fire without pulling the trigger! we both carry concealed and yesterday my room while chambering a round in this way while motioning to holster his glock it misfired and a hollow point bored straightt through his leg!!!! Does he have any legal rights in this situation not really sure who to notify?
Your rommate's finger was on the trigger. If he says it wasn't, he's lying to you and too embarrassed to admit it. There's no way he was holstering and the gun "accidentally" fired. The only way a GLOCK can fire is if he had his finger on the trigger.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #38

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring

Your rommate's finger was on the trigger. If he says it wasn't, he's lying to you and too embarrassed to admit it. There's no way he was holstering and the gun "accidentally" fired. The only way a GLOCK can fire is if he had his finger on the trigger.
Unless mods were done to it incompetently

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 06-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #39

My roommate is quite pride full and there is a good possibility he is lying about having his finger on the trigger and sense no one else has reported this happening I'm starting to think he's lying
My self. Also incompetent mods may also be the issue like I said he did get the gun second hand off the street which I personally think is stupid

Old 06-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #40
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 358 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Even incompetent mods can't bypass all three of the GLOCK's safeties. It wouldn't be incompetence at that point. At that point it's intentional disabling of the safeties and anyone that owns a Glock and who has read the manual that comes with it should recognize this.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.