Dangerous glock misfire! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Dangerous glock misfire!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 03:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Ps the Mis fire only happened 3 or 4 times in 6 years I guess he thought it was a anamolly still an idiot

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 06-30-2012, 03:39 AM   #12

Liked 4704 Times on 2276 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
My roommate owns a glock model 30 I own one as well. As I have posted before when the slide is locked back and a fresh mag is inserted, if you chamber a round by just using the slide release the gun will very rarely fire without pulling the trigger! we both carry concealed and yesterday my room while chambering a round in this way while motioning to holster his glock it misfired and a hollow point bored straightt through his leg!!!! Does he have any legal rights in this situation not really sure who to notify?
Call the Department of Health and Human Services. I doubt they can cure stupid but I'm also positive they will give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
Now tell us what kind of aftermarket trigger or modifications that were done to the gun to include polish jobs. I will be very surprised if you tell me it is completely stock.
Kodiak,

Highly doubt he's coming back to answer your excellent question.

Tack

Old 06-30-2012, 03:41 AM   #13

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Has your roomate ever contacted Glock or the dealer he purchased it from? If he notifide them of the misfire before and they did nothing to fix it or offer to fix/replace it then he has a case. He can still go after them for injuries even tho I think a court should just issue him his Darwin award lol ;p and I am in no way questioning your firearm saftey ability only your roomates haha

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 06-30-2012, 03:48 AM   #14

I appreciate all the input guys and understand the sarcasm he is a complete idiot for letting that happen at all and like I said I now have all his guns in my room and have informed him I will no longer live with him if he want to handle a fire arm he agreed to give them up. Though I am still absolutely furious with him! And I know he got the gun second hand which is something I would never do and there may have been modifications he's trying to sue but I told him glock would say it was user neglect

Old 06-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Call the Department of Health and Human Services. I doubt they can cure stupid but I'm also positive they will give it a try.

Kodiak,

Tack
Kodiak don't appreciate you saying I would not come back to answer that question this is a respectable forum with respectable people no need to be an ass

Old 06-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #16

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396
I appreciate all the input guys and understand the sarcasm he is a complete idiot for letting that happen at all and like I said I now have all his guns in my room and have informed him I will no longer live with him if he want to handle a fire arm he agreed to give them up. Though I am still absolutely furious with him! And I know he got the gun second hand which is something I would never do and there may have been modifications he's trying to sue but I told him glock would say it was user neglect
Well negligence was commited, neglecting to repair a dangerous gun is what got him shot in the first place. Any gun that fires on its own is not a "fluke" occurance, even if it only happens once. It should have been fixed the first time it happened,He should get a vasectomy right away. I think a lawsuit in this case would be a big waste of time

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 06-30-2012, 04:07 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Kodiak,

Tack
That last message was to tack not Kodiak I apologize

Old 06-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #18

Sorry still
Getting used to these forums don't know if y'all got the message but tack this is a respectable forum with respectable people why would I not reply to kodiaks perfectly legit question no need to be an ass tack

Old 06-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #19

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

So both of you have this problem with your G30's right? None of this is adding up to me. Posted 24 JUN:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396
I have owned a gen 3 glock model 30 45 acp for years. It has always been a great reliable weapon to me but Recently after and only when the slide is locked back I will put in a fresh clip and release the slide by just using the slide release and the weapon fires this has happened about 4 times in the last year and I must say my confidence in glock is shaken. I know own a metro arms 1911 as well and that is now my weapon of choice to carry concealed.
I just don't you're being entirely truthful about the situation. Either both of you have this "issue" with your G30's (highly doubtful), or you just had a ND due to modifications to the action (more likely).

Old 06-30-2012, 04:14 AM   #20

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Dumb question but what's "ND"?