Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Dangerous glock misfire!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 03:47 AM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
100% agree! it's also one of the Ten Rules of Gun Safety!
He knew his mistake but this dude was shook up, it wasn't a "haha geez I almost shot you" it was a squeezing the trigger moment, I hate to put it this way but he was so afraid of the dark he almost double tapped his wife and it scared the hell out of him, he said eff it.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:55 AM   #132
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20846 Times on 11850 Posts
Likes Given: 52387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
He knew his mistake but this dude was shook up, it wasn't a "haha geez I almost shot you" it was a squeezing the trigger moment, I hate to put it this way but he was so afraid of the dark he almost double tapped his wife and it scared the hell out of him, he said eff it.
yes, i think it would have shook him up. glad for him it turned out the way it did. maybe, just maybe some instinct kept him from pulling the trigger? living with the fact of killing your wife accidently, just because of failing to identify a target in the dark, would have been very traumatic for him, and something he would have to live with haunting him for the rest of his life.

maybe some people are just not suited for guns, i guess.
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 07-17-2012, 05:14 AM   #133

Liked 4674 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Probably for the best, I have a buddy, something a bit different but still, He heard a bump in the night, he awoke grabbed his Glock .45, checked the bed, wife in it, heard something in the kitchen, it was pitch black, he snuck down the hallway with his firearm in a ready position, saw a black figure move across the room, he raised his firearm putting his finger on the trigger...just about to fire and catches a glimpse of his wife's bed hair in shadow form in the kitchen window, he says he was a fraction of a second away from shooting a controlled pair right into his wife's head, for the next few days, he got rid of everything.

This is a good guy, good people, responsible, it was a tired, simple mistake he thought she was in bed but she was simply getting some water and it changed him forever.
^^THIS^^ and 4 children is why Everyone sleeps upstairs and I do a physical bed check before clearing the house.

I owe this policy to a shoot/no shoot training exercise years ago. The first scenario was very similar to your friends real life ordeal except the shadowy figure crouched behind the lazy boy. Finger still indexed and shouting "showe your hands" the figure finally pops up, hands in the air, and shouts "DAD DON'T SHOOT!"

That 45 minutes in the simulator with NO SHOOT scenarios was the most valuable training I've received yet.

Tack
Old 07-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #134
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 192 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 617

Default Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Every Glock I've ever fired had the exact same problem...they missed high.

Perhaps its the opperator but I can recreate this situtuiation only with Glock Pistols...it's really weird

Tack
You haven't figured out how to aim it accurately. No offense intended.
Because of this thread, I am going to buy a G-20 Tomorrow 7-17-12.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #135

Liked 4674 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
You haven't figured out how to aim it accurately. No offense intended.
Because of this thread, I am going to buy a G-20 Tomorrow 7-17-12.
None Taken...

My statement about missing high with Glocks was "tounge in cheek.

I'm one of those guys who could just never embrace Glocks grip angle. Don't fault those who like em and agree they are good guns, there just not for me.

Tack