Dangerous glock misfire! - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Dangerous glock misfire!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Every Glock I've ever fired had the exact same problem...they missed high.

Perhaps its the opperator but I can recreate this situtuiation only with Glock Pistols...it's really weird

Tack
Were you placing the front sight over you intended target? Remember, the front sight post when used properly is meant to place shots directly above where the front sight is aiming.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #122

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmglocks View Post
Were you placing the front sight over you intended target? Remember, the front sight post when used properly is meant to place shots directly above where the front sight is aiming.
I disagree. All of my glocks.(been 6) have shot place/poi using the dot as poa. I never dot the I.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 07-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #123

Liked 4819 Times on 2334 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
bet you were'nt holding it sideways! jk, Tack!
That's probably it...maybee I should try those Homie Sights that mount to the starboard side of the slide?

Tack
Old 07-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #124

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Finally the pics

image-3018192311.jpg  

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 07-17-2012, 02:52 AM   #125

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Looks better than I thought it would, glad your buddy is ok and that no one else got hurt but since he lucked out this time, it's now time to either be a safety nazi or get rid of the firearms.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:03 AM   #126

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus
Looks better than I thought it would, glad your buddy is ok and that no one else got hurt but since he lucked out this time, it's now time to either be a safety nazi or get rid of the firearms.
I moved out he is no longer mo roommate and as far as I know he no longer has a weapon

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 07-17-2012, 03:24 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
I moved out he is no longer mo roommate and as far as I know he no longer has a weapon
Probably for the best, I have a buddy, something a bit different but still, He heard a bump in the night, he awoke grabbed his Glock .45, checked the bed, wife in it, heard something in the kitchen, it was pitch black, he snuck down the hallway with his firearm in a ready position, saw a black figure move across the room, he raised his firearm putting his finger on the trigger...just about to fire and catches a glimpse of his wife's bed hair in shadow form in the kitchen window, he says he was a fraction of a second away from shooting a controlled pair right into his wife's head, for the next few days, he got rid of everything.

This is a good guy, good people, responsible, it was a tired, simple mistake he thought she was in bed but she was simply getting some water and it changed him forever.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-17-2012, 03:33 AM   #128
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Probably for the best, I have a buddy, something a bit different but still, He heard a bump in the night, he awoke grabbed his Glock .45, checked the bed, wife in it, heard something in the kitchen, it was pitch black, he snuck down the hallway with his firearm in a ready position, saw a black figure move across the room, he raised his firearm putting his finger on the trigger...just about to fire and catches a glimpse of his wife's bed hair in shadow form in the kitchen window, he says he was a fraction of a second away from shooting a controlled pair right into his wife's head, for the next few days, he got rid of everything.

This is a good guy, good people, responsible, it was a tired, simple mistake he thought she was in bed but she was simply getting some water and it changed him forever.
Wiebelhaus, because these situations could occur so very easily, with being awoken by a noise heard elsewhere in the home and thinking that your wife is in the bed when she isn't, could cause a potentially fatal accident. because recognition is so very important, that is one of the reasons we have many different indirect lighting throughout the house.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:38 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Wiebelhaus, because these situations could occur so very easily, with being awoken by a noise heard elsewhere in the home and thinking that your wife is in the bed when she isn't, could cause a potentially fatal accident. because recognition is so very important, that is one of the reasons we have many different indirect lighting throughout the house.
Yes sir and Jeff Coopers rule number four...

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-17-2012, 03:40 AM   #130
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
100% agree! it's also one of the Ten Rules of Gun Safety!