Dangerous glock misfire! - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Dangerous glock misfire!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 05:49 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is not a misfire it's a slam fire. A misfire is when the trigger is pulled and the gun does not fire. To me this is worse than calling a magazine a clip. How would his gunsmith know what is wrong when he takes the weapon to be repaired? He could send this gun to Glock and tell them it misfires when they test the gun they find that it does not misfire and send it back. Then he shoots himself in the leg and bitches about Glock's incompetence. This happens all the time, you need to be able to describe accurately what is happening if you expect the company to help you.
Good answer
Old 07-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #112
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21987 Times on 12397 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
The dude lol isn't carrying it or any weapons as a matter a fact think hes traumatized due to bullet through leg or sever case of stupidity he thinks he's gonna get a settlement so his lawyer has it disassembled and in a lock box I personally think the judges and glock will tell him to frig off still can't believe this happened so close to me
well that's the beauty of America. anyone can sue anyone else for whatever reason they dream up. if it ever got as far as a jury, and they see it for how it happened, that he knew there was a problem with said firearm and continued to carry it then "accidently" shot himself in the leg while holstering it. i kind of doubt they will award him for being stupid.

thing is, you seem to have knowledge of it, but failed to take appropriate steps to prevent it in the first place. so IMO, you are at fault here also. you take action after the fact and come off as being some type of safe acting person. sorry not from my veiwpoint. you knew and allowed him to continue carrying an unsafe firearm. as far as i'm concerned, both of you are at fault.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #113

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonscottkelly View Post
I own a Glock 21, 17 & 27.....collectively I have put approx 10000 rds through them with no issues...I have friends that are cops that have individual glocks with 10000 plus rounds fired & no issues....I have been a member of a gun club for years with members that have fired hundreds of thousands of rounds through their glocks with no real issues. Bottom line is I certainly cannot say that these stories are exaggerated but I have never had an issue with a Glock & nor do even know of anyone that has had an issue with a Glock.
My 34 was eFFing up alot for a while. But, there's nothing stock about it.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 07-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #114

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

thing is, you seem to have knowledge of it, but failed to take appropriate steps to prevent it in the first place. so IMO, you are at fault here also. you take action after the fact and come off as being some type of safe acting person. sorry not from my veiwpoint. you knew and allowed him to continue carrying an unsafe firearm. as far as i'm concerned, both of you are at fault.[/QUOTE]

Well he didn't say he was his father, but in some ways I suspose he may have been an enabler. He probably should have refused to be around him while in posession of that weapon. However, hindsight is always crystal clear. His defense (though weak) was that it only happened 6 times in 4yrs, then he also said that IT happened 4 times in 1 year. Regardless I suspect both of em will be very cautious from this point forward. I do have that much faith in most of humanity...lol

Old 07-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #115

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

well that's the beauty of America. anyone can sue anyone else for whatever reason they dream up. if it ever got as far as a jury, and they see it for how it happened, that he knew there was a problem with said firearm and continued to carry it then "accidently" shot himself in the leg while holstering it. i kind of doubt they will award him for being stupid.

thing is, you seem to have knowledge of it, but failed to take appropriate steps to prevent it in the first place. so IMO, you are at fault here also. you take action after the fact and come off as being some type of safe acting person. sorry not from my veiwpoint. you knew and allowed him to continue carrying an unsafe firearm. as far as i'm concerned, both of you are at fault.
I did inform him to get the gun fixed and ya I'm not his dad I'm not gonna force a grown man to do something and as I said I moved out immediately I'm not trying to put down glocks or start an argument just sayin what happened I see where your coming from but there was nothing I could do in terms of making him fix the fire arm

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 07-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #116

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Well he didn't say he was his father, but in some ways I suspose he may have been an enabler. He probably should have refused to be around him while in posession of that weapon. However, hindsight is always crystal clear. His defense (though weak) was that it only happened 6 times in 4yrs, then he also said that IT happened 4 times in 1 year. Regardless I suspect both of em will be very cautious from this point forward. I do have that much faith in most of humanity...lol[/QUOTE]

As far as how many times it happened I'm not exactly sure how many times it happened but I know it was not enough to make him worry but one time should have been enough :/ even I won't know the exact details just glad he's no longer my roommate

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 07-16-2012, 01:57 AM   #117

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayscat44 View Post
He probably should have refused to be around him while in posession of that weapon.
I may be just nit picking and if I am, I'm sorry but I don't this is how friendships work, at least mine and if they did, I'd find another buddy. If My Bro said "Hey Dallas, I don't think that weapon is safe, I wouldn't shoot it, you should have it looked at" Me: "Really? you think it's that serious?" Buddy: "Yea, man, I wouldn't carry it or shoot it until it's looked at, I know a guy, he's good, here's his number" If I didn't or he didn't immediately take heed to my advice, I'd say either he doesn't trust me or doesn't take me seriously, in either case, that's insulting and I'd never purposefully insult my friend in such a disrespectful manner. Does that make sense?

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #118

Weibelhaus, it makes perfect sense to me and i agree. kind of like the old saying, "friends don't let friends drive drunk, they take the keys"

Old 07-16-2012, 03:50 AM   #119

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
My 34 was eFFing up alot for a while. But, there's nothing stock about it.
Every Glock I've ever fired had the exact same problem...they missed high.

Perhaps its the opperator but I can recreate this situtuiation only with Glock Pistols...it's really weird

Tack

Old 07-16-2012, 03:57 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Every Glock I've ever fired had the exact same problem...they missed high.

Perhaps its the opperator but I can recreate this situtuiation only with Glock Pistols...it's really weird

Tack
bet you were'nt holding it sideways! jk, Tack!