Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Dangerous glock misfire! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/dangerous-glock-misfire-67344/)

gearhead396 06-30-2012 01:47 AM

Dangerous glock misfire!

My roommate owns a glock model 30 I own one as well. As I have posted before when the slide is locked back and a fresh mag is inserted, if you chamber a round by just using the slide release the gun will very rarely fire without pulling the trigger! we both carry concealed and yesterday my room while chambering a round in this way while motioning to holster his glock it misfired and a hollow point bored straightt through his leg!!!! Does he have any legal rights in this situation not really sure who to notify?

trip286 06-30-2012 02:21 AM

Hold on, Y'all KNEW the gun was malfunctioning and carried on business as usual?

Can't cure stupid. Your buddy may have legal rights, but maybe he should be denied the right to reproduce. IMHO.

trip286 06-30-2012 02:24 AM

Okay, maybe that was a bit harsh. But your roomie is still retarded for not getting a malfunctioning gun fixed right away, and still carrying it. If you know a gun has a problem that makes it unsafe, all your doing is asking for trouble if you keep carrying it without getting it fixed.

silverado113 06-30-2012 02:29 AM

I concur with trips assessment of the situation.

kodiak 06-30-2012 02:34 AM

Now tell us what kind of aftermarket trigger or modifications that were done to the gun to include polish jobs. I will be very surprised if you tell me it is completely stock.

trip286 06-30-2012 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kodiak (Post 853888)
Now tell us what kind of aftermarket trigger or modifications that were done to the gun to include polish jobs. I will be very surprised if you tell me it is completely stock.

As much as I don't like, nor trust GLOCK, I have to agree.

winds-of-change 06-30-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearhead396 (Post 853840)
My roommate owns a glock model 30 I own one as well. As I have posted before when the slide is locked back and a fresh mag is inserted, if you chamber a round by just using the slide release the gun will very rarely fire without pulling the trigger! we both carry concealed and yesterday my room while chambering a round in this way while motioning to holster his glock it misfired and a hollow point bored straightt through his leg!!!! Does he have any legal rights in this situation not really sure who to notify?

The police should be notified.

And you're damned lucky no one got killed.

Fathead00 06-30-2012 03:07 AM

You have to have some kind of common sense!! You're dealing with a dangerous weapon that is malfunctioning and you're still using it!!!!!!!! Maybe you should turn in both of your licenses and sell both of your guns. IMHO!!!!!!!

kytowboater 06-30-2012 03:08 AM

Pure stupidity. Having a known malfunction that is DANGEROUS!?!? Had it coming.

gearhead396 06-30-2012 03:33 AM

First of all I am a responsible gun owner my glock has not misfired on me and if it was mine I totally agree I would have it fixed. I also agree my roommate is a complete idiot and should turn in his license but I personally am a responsible gun owner and I have taken all my room mates weapons I do not appreciate the slams on me and my ability to use a gun!