Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Custom Glocks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey-Tango View Post
well yeah of course, its funny to see peoples reactions when they see a hand gun with a bayonet attached to the rail.
I think instead of setting the Glock up and taking the pictures, you need to put the knife back on it and stick it into the log for the next photo!

I also believe that the bayonet would make the pistol whip interesting.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:21 AM   #32

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
What i'm wondering is the "why" of the thumb rest.
Anybody knows that! It's for if your thumb gets tired. Cheesh.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:28 AM   #33
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8052

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I personally hope you posted the pistol bayonet as a joke as they are the silliest item ever manufactured. Maybe not the silliest as that would be the CCW badge - but they'd be a close second...
Are you kidding here? Is there really somewhere that requires a person carrying CCW to wear a badge?

Old 11-06-2010, 03:00 AM   #34

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Not only is that gun absolutely beautiful do I respect the artwork exhibited in this piece, but I've shot some Glocks lately (17, 19 ,22 and 23) and am gaining a new found respect for the gun.

The generation 4 is pretty sweet, but I still can't find the love to buy a new Glock, but I'm headed to Denver tomorrow to find a nice used one and throw a custom "paint job" on it.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #35
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Are you kidding here? Is there really somewhere that requires a person carrying CCW to wear a badge?
Not that it's required but that someone would carry one.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #36

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Whisky whats with the ported barrel? You say it reduces velocity. You don't want the bullet going slower. SD rounds are made with bullets that are ment to produce optimal performance at the velocity the guns shoots that round at.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Whisky whats with the ported barrel? You say it reduces velocity. You don't want the bullet going slower. SD rounds are made with bullets that are ment to produce optimal performance at the velocity the guns shoots that round at.
I said it reduces MUZZLE VELOCITY, not velocity of the round. I don't know of anyone that would want a bullet to go slower. A Glocks frame is made from plastic polymer called nylon 6, which is extremely light. The model I chose was a G23 which means it shoots a 40, sooooooo the gun feels like it wants to pop out of my hand sometimes if I don't have a good grip on it. The ports at the end increase exhaust expelling, tames the recoil and muzzle flip and that increases my accuracy and makes the gun much more manageable. Plus it looks really cool at night when being shot.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #38

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
I don't know of anyone that would want a bullet to go slower.
Any specialty team that is breaching an environment where over penetration would be a problem or excessive muzzle flash due to high velocity rounds.

Example:

Meth labs take downs
Multiple room clearing with multiple targets and multiple friendlies
Anything airline related ( sky marshal )
Any "wet" work where an over-penetrating round might not deliver the goods by way of expansion.

OR

Just a home owner concerned about a round going through two sheets of interior sheetrock.

Low velocity rounds have a ton uses, just as high velocity rounds, incindiary rounds and AP rounds have their specialized applications.

JD

Old 11-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Any specialty team that is breaching an environment where over penetration would be a problem or excessive muzzle flash due to high velocity rounds.

Example:

Meth labs take downs
Multiple room clearing with multiple targets and multiple friendlies
Anything airline related ( sky marshal )
Any "wet" work where an over-penetrating round might not deliver the goods by way of expansion.

OR

Just a home owner concerned about a round going through two sheets of interior sheetrock.

Low velocity rounds have a ton uses, just as high velocity rounds, incindiary rounds and AP rounds have their specialized applications.

JD
I dont plan on going into meth labs, taking it into the air, or using it in any situations were muzzle flash due to high velocity rounds will cause any issues to myself, or any other peoples safety. All I did was port the end of my gun to make it more manageable.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #40

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
I said it reduces MUZZLE VELOCITY, not velocity of the round. I don't know of anyone that would want a bullet to go slower. A Glocks frame is made from plastic polymer called nylon 6, which is extremely light. The model I chose was a G23 which means it shoots a 40, sooooooo the gun feels like it wants to pop out of my hand sometimes if I don't have a good grip on it. The ports at the end increase exhaust expelling, tames the recoil and muzzle flip and that increases my accuracy and makes the gun much more manageable. Plus it looks really cool at night when being shot.
Really What do you think Muzzle velocity is?

Velocity is the speed of an object in a specific direction.

Muzzle velocity is the velocity of a bullet at the muzzle of the firearm. The velocity of a round does one thing from the time it leaves the barrel it decreases. If you vent the gases from the barrel not allowing the round to reach its full velocity it will start lower and drop faster.

If you are having a hard time controlling the fire arm then I suggest that you drop to a rimfire pistol and learn good pistol handling. This is not a dis on you at all. If you start with a 40 and you can't handle it because of the recoil then it is too much for you. Not a big deal there is a rimfire that looks and feels just like a glock so I am told. It is being given away on this board and over at cityprofile.com. Check it out. Might want to look at some shooting instruction as well.