Custom Glock 20L Project
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Custom Glock 20L Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Custom Glock 20L Project

This started out as a used Gen 3 G20SF which I paid $600 for. It came with about 80 rounds of ammo, and extra LWD barrel and 2 holsters.

After I shot the gun, I knew I had to do the Long Slide conversion so I sold the complete factory slide assembly and the extra barrel for $525.

So I really only paid about $75 for a Gen 3 G20/21SF frame. I eventually used the Gen 3 frame on a Gen 2 G-21. I did this because I wanted the Gen 2 frame for the G20L project.

The first phase was getting the long slide, for that I went with Bobby Carver. He built the slide from the following parts for less the $630:
  • Lone Wolf 10MM Long Slide, Blind Marked
  • Lone Wolf 6.61" Threaded Barrel
  • CARVER Custom 10MM Comp
  • Glock Internal Slide Parts
  • Engraving
  • CARVER Custom SS Guide Rod Assembly

Once I received the slide from Bobby I realized that the Bull Nose profile on the front of the slide looked horrible with a comp sitting in front of it. Here is a picture of it:

So I had a friend fill in the bull nose with TIG weld and then I machined it square.

After I got that staright I ordered a C-More STS scope for $302 shipped. I was a perfect fir for this wider 10mm slide

I did really know who I would pay to do the final mods but after a little research I went with Mark at L&M Precision Gun Works.

He did all of the following work:

• Timed the comp to the barrel
  • Machined the sides of the comp to match the barrel
  • Machined the rear of the slide for the C-More STS Scope
  • Ball milled the grove on the top of the slide that goes from the front of the slide and extends into the comp.
  • Machined the top hole to make the ends round instead of square-ish
  • Chamfered the bottom edges of the slide and the comp to make them match
  • Drilled 2 additional holes on the bottom of the slide, one on the comp and one behind the factory front sight hole
  • Machined the top of the barrel to remove the last traces of the LWD logo and then he polished it
  • Cerakoted the slide graphite black

Mark was very easy to talk to and I was amazed at the turn around time and price

I am extremely happy with it and the pictures do not do it justice.

I can not wait to shoot this thing. Unfortunately all of the ranges are closed for Christmas but hopefully I be able to get to one after the first of the year.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #2

Liked 339 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

That thing is sick. Gratz man.

I really would like to know how your comp works for you.
I have a G20L too without the comp. Have a Leupold Delatpoint on top of mine.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #3

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Boba... no trigger work? No magwell?
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-23-2011, 03:21 AM   #4

Liked 339 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Are you getting any bent pins on yours? I've broken one already, I'm thinking of lightening up my slide.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
That thing is sick. Gratz man. I really would like to know how your comp works for you.
I have a G20L too without the comp. Have a Leupold Delatpoint on top of mine.
Once I hit the range I'll let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Boba... no trigger work? No magwell?
I have to recover from the work on the slide before I spend some money ong the frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Are you getting any bent pins on yours? I've broken one already, I'm thinking of lightening up my slide.
I only test fired it when I got it back from Bobby Carver so I haven't put enough rounds done range to bend any pins yet. I would like to know which pins you bent so I can keep my eye on them.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:33 AM   #6

I had a hard time getting a good side image of the G-20L but I finally found a way to capture the engraving on the side with some odd lighting and a good deal of editing to remove the background