Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Curiosity : Automatic glocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Curiosity : Automatic glocks

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how the full auto glocks work? I am not intending to convert any weapon into full auto, but it caught my curiosity while I was sleeping, since the glock uses a striker and has no traditional sear. Are the auto glocks made with trigger groups similar to a conventional firearm?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Even if you were trying you couldn't bc the auto Glocks have a fire control system that is nothing like their semi counterparts.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

Old 12-26-2011, 07:43 AM   #3

Liked 223 Times on 139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxuser3890
Even if you were trying you couldn't bc the auto Glocks have a fire control system that is nothing like their semi counterparts.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk
Apparently you can convert any glock into full auto with the use of a certain drop in part,there's a video of a man almost getting put on his back by a full auto 10mm glock 20 on YouTube. Ill look it up and try to find the name of the part with the details in the morning I suppose if someone decides to call shenanigans

Old 12-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8307 Times on 3590 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Apparently there are Glocks, and then there are Glocks. The Mdl 18 was created as a select fire version of the 17. There ARE differences in the frame, slide, and fire control group between the 18 and other Glocks.

In the conversion, the cap at the rear of the slide is replaced by a unit with 3 parts. The disconnector is controlled by those parts. Cyclic rate of fire is about 1200 rpm, which, in my opinion, from a handgun is damn near useless.

Possession of an unregistered fire control mechanism for a Glock 18 in the US will get you 10/10. Ten years, $10,000.

Are ALL Glocks "readily convertible" to full auto? If they were, they would not be for sale in the US. Current regs not only cover full auto, but weapons that are readily convertible to full auto. Which is why there are physical differences in the guts of an M16 and an AR15.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #5

Liked 223 Times on 139 Posts

C3 I almost thought to add in that possession or use of any such part would be highly illegal,but thought it was pretty obvious. Probably should have anyways,I wouldn't ever advocate breaking ANY firearms laws.

Last edited by Jstrong; 12-26-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #6

No doubt. It just peaked my interest considering the striker and trigger bar. There's no hammer to grab or release any sears.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Current regs not only cover full auto, but weapons that are readily convertible to full auto.
True, but there are still some available that are easily converted using only a bread tie on the secondary sear. However, I don't believe in full auto. I would rather pick my shots one at a time instead of going rambo and hitting nothing.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #8

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Dangit... dupe.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Last edited by willfully armed; 12-26-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #9

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggernomic View Post
True, but there are still some available that are easily converted using only a bread tie on the secondary sear. However, I don't believe in full auto. I would rather pick my shots one at a time instead of going rambo and hitting nothing.
What are you trying to prove?

Is it an attempt to show you know some dirty little secret?

A Dremel tool is all I need to turn a G17 into a federal felony,
But it would awful dumb to go around posting on the interwebz that I knew how to do it...

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #10

Nah, just saying the ATF is making excuses. if someone wanted to make an auto it wouldn't be impossible or even difficult. Some guns are downright easy and require a few cents worth of ingenuity to pull it off.

...not that an automatic would make any person that much more dangerous. A sharpshooter armed with a bolt action and a brain vs joe schmoe with a jerry-rigged automatic would be a no-contest situation. But america is convinced that hollywood is real, every bullet is worth a kill, cars explode when you shoot them, and that "black" rifles are inherently evil. I am more interested in the engineering aspect of it, and that's why I chose to be an automotive technician. I like machines.

This is all not considering you can attach a gatling crank to any gun to achieve full auto rate of fire while remaining perfectly legal, or bump firing at least. But like mentioned, I would rather just shoot off one at a time and conserve my ammo, make each shot count.

Last edited by triggernomic; 12-26-2011 at 06:31 PM.