Cure for Glock Bulge. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Cure for Glock Bulge.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake

I hope that comment isn't directer at me. Not that I give a ****, but most people join this forum to share in our knowledge transfer and when I post, it's from experience, NOT bravado.

To get-along here, you need to know the membership and listen to what is provided as a response to questions submitted. If you disagree, file your protest with facts, not indignation. You will last much longer here if you follow that rule. NO, that's not a threat, it's just an observation I have made over the years here as a moderator,

The bulge in my post (G22) is from an unsupported case because of excess throating in the barrel. (And re-used brass.)

As far as your statement "Every handgun manufacturer, not just Glock, that I can recall says if you shoot reloads they void your warranty. [sic], call this number (Colt CS) 800-962-COLT (2658) and ask the nice girl what Colt's requirements are with respect to using re-loaded ammo in their firearms. I have, along with calling Gaston's CS and got two diametrically opposed answers. We know what Gaston's answer is, you do the math on Colt's answer.

And as to reloading, many of us do not reload for economic reasons. First to mind is pride in doing it. Second is matching ammo to your firearm's idiosyncrasies.

Should you take offense to my post, please PM me with your retort. If you must publicly respond, do so with facts.

cane (with NO emoticons)

IIRC, not to drift this thread, in my experience, glock bulge refers to the piss poor structure integrity of the glock's poly dust-cover.
Hahahahaha.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Canebrake, my comments were not directed at you, but the Forum in general as you could write a book on the misinformation posted on these sites. However, your use of foul language is not appreciated by me and I would hope by others posting on the Forum.

As for other manufacturer's voiding warranty due to using handloads add Kimber, Sig and I believe Kahr as well. If you read my post then did I not mention the positive aspects of reloading? However, reloading is not going to save the casual shooter a lot of money.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'd like to thank eaveryone who replied to my post about the Glock Bulge problem that I asked about. I do reload my own ammo for all of my Center Fire Guns. I do not ever do the max load for them. I don't need a max load for the shooting that I do. I mostly shoot paper targets or metal silhouette one in competions that I shoot in. I also don't like the recoil of the max loads so I don't use them. I have bought a Lee Bulge Buster to help get rid of the bulge in my .40 S&W. I have also talked to a nabour that works for a Glock Distribator to see about getting a new barrel for my Glock that will solve the bulge problem. i'm going to get a full supportive barrel and replace the non-supportive one. Again thank you for all of the info y'all have given me.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Reloader 54, buying an aftermarket barrel is a good choice, I own several primarily for shooting lead bullets. The aftermarket barrels you will probably find, as I have, tend to be more accurate than the factory Glock barrels. However, the aftermarket barrels are not as reliable as the Glock barrels meaning for a self defence purposes I would stay with the Glock barrel.