Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Copper Factory Lube ????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Copper Factory Lube ????

Who else here has cleaned this stuff out of their gun thinking it was copper residue when they first bought their Glock ?
Did they just start doing this ? Last Glock I bought in the mid 90's didn't have this crap in it ? After reading the manual I noticed you are suppose to keep this stuff in there. After one day at the range though it's gonna get washed out anyway when you clean it, I don't understand ?? It's gotta be something relatively new ?

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

They have been using it for quite a while now. It actually lasts longer than you would think, as long as you don't scrub it off.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Last edited by Glasshartt; 11-05-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #3

Oh well I guess I blew that good Idea ! I would have been better off if I didn't know how to fieldstrip one. At least then I would have read the manual and would have found out it is lube and not copper residue from test firing. LOL ! Oh Well ?

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 11-07-2010, 03:16 AM   #4
ET1

Yeah, I kind of cleaned it off of my G27 when I bought it too. I always clean the packing grease off of my guns before taking them to the range...who knew? (everybody who read the manual first...that's who)