Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Glock Forum (
-   -   Copper Factory Lube ???? (

FreedomFighter69 11-05-2010 09:58 AM

Copper Factory Lube ????
Who else here has cleaned this stuff out of their gun thinking it was copper residue when they first bought their Glock ?
Did they just start doing this ? Last Glock I bought in the mid 90's didn't have this crap in it ? After reading the manual I noticed you are suppose to keep this stuff in there. After one day at the range though it's gonna get washed out anyway when you clean it, I don't understand ?? It's gotta be something relatively new ?

Glasshartt 11-05-2010 11:19 AM

They have been using it for quite a while now. It actually lasts longer than you would think, as long as you don't scrub it off.

FreedomFighter69 11-05-2010 11:30 AM

Oh well I guess I blew that good Idea ! I would have been better off if I didn't know how to fieldstrip one. At least then I would have read the manual and would have found out it is lube and not copper residue from test firing. LOL ! Oh Well ?

ET1 11-07-2010 04:16 AM

Yeah, I kind of cleaned it off of my G27 when I bought it too. I always clean the packing grease off of my guns before taking them to the range...who knew? (everybody who read the manual first...that's who)