Conversions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Conversions

Hey guys,

I heard some guys talking at the range about converting Glocks to different calibers, but don't really know much about it and I am curious. He said something about only having to change the barrel and magazine, but that doesn't make too much sense to me because obviously the casings are different so extracting the rounds wouldn't work.

I also put my glock 19 barrel into my 23 and it fit but was wiggling around (obviously because its a smaller barrel) so obviously that won't work. What calibers (if any) are interchangeable?

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

The answer to your question is, it depends.

Between .40 and .357 Sig, all you have to do is change barrels. A lot of people who like .357 Sig as a defense round, buy a Glock in that caliber and then buy a .40 barrel so they can shoot cheaper/easier-to-find .40 for all or most of their range time.

I have read that there are conversions available between 9mm and .40, but I don't know all the details. Obviously, the barrel has to change. I believe it also entails changing mags and recoil springs. I don't know about the slides.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to fill in the blanks.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs