clicking glock???????

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > clicking glock???????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default clicking glock???????

i carry a stock g20 and it is making a clicking sound when i have it in my holster. i have only put 50 rounds threw it and it was brand new when i got it. oh i dont know if this will help but i carry it in a fubos paddle holster

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2008, 02:13 AM   #2

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Take the gun out of the hoster. Shake the gun . Then shake the holster. That should isolate the source of the click .
If the click is in the gun, unload it and shake the loaded magazine. Unload the magazine and shake the gun and mag again to see if the loaded condition makes any difference .
If you don't figure it out that way, field strip and check for a broken slide lock or other part, such as a spring . If you know how, completely disassemble the gun and check every part . If not, you may wish to have a gunsmith or armorer do that .
Reassemble and function check the gun . Take it to the range and fire it. See if the noise changes after firing it several times .
Here is a link to a video on Glock disassembly. There are others . You may find written instructions with a Google search . AGI's DVD , " Making Glocks Rock " covers it completely .
http://www.flixya.com/video/605942/Glock_disassembly

Old 10-26-2008, 03:30 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

It's either the mag or the firing pin that's making the noise. Do you carry with one in the chamber? You may be the only one who notices this "noise". Some of my holsters creak or make noises. Nobody else will think anything of it. My G19 rattles a bit full mag, one in the chamber. I do what I can to mitigate this, but it has a mind of it's own. Again. I'm the only one who notices.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:38 PM   #4

i carry a full mag but not one in the chamber because the gun is new 2 me its my first glock. so im kinda iffy about the the safety. it fires fine. but when i remove the slide the guide rod and spring are not in the grove all the way.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:14 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Typical of any Glock pistol.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:08 PM   #6

My glock20 has the same rattle. I noticed it only does it when the mag is full and in the pistol. When I pop one in the chamber it goes away. I have checked my magazine a few times and found no problem. My guess is with time and use it will go away. My Glock19 also did this when it was new, the rattle in it has went away. IMO there is no concern. I am also not a gunsmith.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:54 AM   #7

thanks for the info. u guy are the sh!t

Old 10-31-2008, 01:08 AM   #8

The sound is normal dont worry its the firing pin when the gun is cocked and you shake it it should not make that sound.