Ccw is it better for crime rates? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Ccw is it better for crime rates?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I found this about crime rate and CCW. Long, but good read Concealed Carry Permits Are Life Savers - HUMAN EVENTS

Here is a small part of it:
In research sponsored by the U.S. Department of Justice, in which almost 2,000 felons were interviewed, 34% of felons said they had been “scared off, shot at, wounded or captured by an armed victim" and 40% of these criminals admitted that they had been deterred from committing a crime out of fear that the potential victim was armed.

Allowing law-abiding people to arm themselves offers more than piece of mind for those individuals -- it pays off for everybody through lower crime rates. Statistics from the FBI’s Uniformed Crime Report of 2007 show that states with right-to-carry laws have a 30% lower homicide rate, 46% lower robbery, and 12% lower aggravated assault rate and a 22% lower overall violent crime rate than do states without such laws. That is why more and more states have passed right-to-carry laws over the past decade.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #22

Yup I don't care what anyone says I like my ccw and I like all my fire arms including ny GLOCK. I have to admit the Para 1911 is a good gun and fun to shoot

Old 01-03-2012, 03:57 AM   #23

And to all who chastise me... I am not here to say what you want to hear I am always gonna talk about GLOCK on the GLOCK forum I see no problem with that. So stick to the subject

Old 01-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #24
FAA licensed bugsmasher

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 01-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #25

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Who's a troll, GLOCK17OD? No one who's replied to your thread has said anything to suggest troll. You on the other hand already have had one thread locked and rightfully so.

Calm down and enjoy, no one's out to get you!
2 and counting Quentin...That's quite a feat considering this forum RARELY locks threads. Don't ya just love a brand new member coming aboard and bowing up at the well known, well respected members. Yeah, I remember MY first beer...

Old 01-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #26

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddogyz View Post
I watched a show the other night on Verses that showed how crime rate dropped after each state approved the CCW Laws. Some states dropped by 24%. Yes it does help. I personally carry concealed but you can tell I am packing. Deterrent works also, if the bad guy knows you are carrying, it might make him rethink his intentions.
Or...if the BG is observant enough to notice your Roscoe, he just might be mean enough to be sure and shoot you FIRST!

Nevermind the possibility of being spotted by a concerned citizen or an LEO. Now you get spend your day explaining to the nice officer exactly what part of CONCEALED you fail to understand.

TACK

Old 01-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #27

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
LMAO - Lighten up Francis - still LMAO...

I wonder of GLOCK17OD packed a switch blade before getting his CCW?

Oh...typing through the tears... Hehehehe

TACK

Old 01-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #28

Let me stop this right here. I am not going to attack anyone else. I do not like opinions base on me personally or attacks on my post. You guys are offended and talk crap so easily you tell me what you want me to post. Better yet try to get along or don't read my threads. I only want to make friends. I have never had an issue discussing these topics in real life but suddenly mo one like the way I talk or some one doesn't like GLOCK or some other BS. I like to talk about about one type of gun in particular and yall know what that's. I can't help it if it offends you or you don't like the way I respond when you talk crap. So therefore I am not going to respond to any negative personal comments. If you have a gun comment of any kind I don't care but if you say stupid stuff about me ill say something to you. Thanks have a nice day

Old 01-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Or...if the BG is observant enough to notice your Roscoe, he just might be mean enough to be sure and shoot you FIRST!

Nevermind the possibility of being spotted by a concerned citizen or an LEO. Now you get spend your day explaining to the nice officer exactly what part of CONCEALED you fail to understand.

TACK
Tack, you make a very valid point and I have had the same concerns my self. I also CCW where it is not noticeable also, depends on where I am, what I am carrying, and what I am wearing. That is what is so great about Law Abiding People that choose to carry, we have the choice to do so and how we do it. As far as the LEO, all my encounters with them have been great. They have the right to be concerned and I do not have a problem having that conversation with them. I just remember that the next guy they question might be the one that needs to explaining themselves and get taken off the street.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #30

Let me stop this right here. I am not going to attack anyone else. I do not like opinions base on me personally or attacks on my post. You guys are offended and talk crap so easily you tell me what you want me to post. Better yet try to get along or don't read my threads. I only want to make friends. I have never had an issue discussing these topics in real life but suddenly mo one like the way I talk or some one doesn't like GLOCK or some other BS. I like to talk about about one type of gun in particular and yall know what that's. I can't help it if it offends you or you don't like the way I respond when you talk crap. So therefore I am not going to respond to any negative personal comments. If you have a gun comment of any kind I don't care but if you say stupid stuff about me ill say something to you. Thanks have a nice day

Closed Thread