Ccw is it better for crime rates?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Ccw is it better for crime rates?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ccw is it better for crime rates?

I think it is. Any self respecting gun owner or ccw in am EDC basis would never pull out or expose a concealed weapon in public. Also I would use mine to prevent a death or protection of anyone including me that needs it life or death. But point is I think every state should let the good guys like us carry ccw

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #2

Liked 999 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 998

I think what's really important is antigun people predictied crime would rise when it became easier for bloodthirsty civilians to obtain concealed carry permits. Actually the opposite has been true so a lot of gun grabbers have been proven wrong and we need to point this out at every opportunity available.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #3

Thats not true where I'm from in amarillo tx. But it may be for other areas. I think having a firearm is a right and should be looked upon as a normal EDC item. Not every blood thirsty civilian should get a permit. But those of us who act right know we can defend ourselves and have no fear. It's a calming agent in my life to know I can put 19 +P JHP 9mms into someone if he tries to hurt my family or I. It makes me happy.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I watched a show the other night on Verses that showed how crime rate dropped after each state approved the CCW Laws. Some states dropped by 24%. Yes it does help. I personally carry concealed but you can tell I am packing. Deterrent works also, if the bad guy knows you are carrying, it might make him rethink his intentions.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #5

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK17OD View Post
Thats not true where I'm from in amarillo tx. But it may be for other areas. I think having a firearm is a right and should be looked upon as a normal EDC item. Not every blood thirsty civilian should get a permit. But those of us who act right know we can defend ourselves and have no fear. It's a calming agent in my life to know I can put 19 +P JHP 9mms into someone if he tries to hurt my family or I. It makes me happy.

I have no fear of carrying my gun with me at all times (I have for several years), but I do fear the day that I might be called to use it. Firing a gun at paper targets & tin cans is vastly different than firing at another human being. I will do it if necessary, but it won't be done peacefully without fear and/or possibly other very strong emotions. Adrenaline changes much............

Old 01-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #6

GLOCK17OD, you didn't understand what I said.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2531 Times on 1236 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

Quentin,

You are on the money! It is a fact that most areas that have a enacted Concealed Carry for the citizens the crime rate has significantly dropped. And especialy when it comes to use of force against the public be it an assault, a robbery, a home invasion, or burglary by the criminal element. Somehow, it brings the criminal to the realization that "They" could very well end up being the victim! Reminds me of a scene I saw on YouTube or somewhere that I can't remember. But it was about the dirt bag coming into the establishment and pulling his pistol out to commit a robbery. And about 25 CCWs (people) stood up and pointed their weapons at him! I thought as a joke on the criminal! "Some can pick-em and some can't!" And I think some are considering that could happen to them when they commit a crime and may very well!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #8

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sniper03, I think it was a Glock commercial. Very good one at that.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #9

Good points, Sniper03! And the other side of the coin is that armed citizens in general haven't done dangerous things with their concealed weapons. Antigunners predicted concealed weapon chaos but armed people have proven to be polite people in general. That makes it hard for gun haters to point fingers and say "see I told you so". But we can say it to them!

______

Old 01-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #10

No commercial it seems I always get that one guy who says something like that. Go troll elsewhere. I love my guns that's all I'm saying and nothing more

Closed Thread