Can I Or Can I NOT?? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Can I Or Can I NOT??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I think the main point is that the Glock went kB! in the first place. If a pistol cannot handle reloads, it's a piece of crap in my opinion.

1911 pistols handle reloads.

M9 style pistols handle reloads.

CZ pistols handle reloads.

HK pistols handle reloads.

Smith and Wesson pistol handle reloads.

and on and on and on and on.......

I don't see the benefit of owning a pistol where you have to be careful that you are limited to only one type of loading (i.e. factory).

To each their own in the end. Just be careful and don't use reloads for the Glock. If it says that the warranty is void when you use reloads, that's for a reason. Don't do it.

P.S. Why spend around 500-600 dollars on a Glock, then have to spend even more money to get a KKM barrel or something equivalent in order to fire reloads safely?

It's like wiping before you poop. It just doesn't make sense.......

Old 01-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Look, you made a point that GLOCKs cannot handle SAAMI pressures. I asked you to show some reference saying that. You posted Dean Spier, the equivalent of citing PETA about hunting. I said that doesn't answer the question at hand. You posted someone else on the board saying the same thing you did, and a book report. None of those references actually backed up your statement that the GLOCK cannnot handle SAAMI pressures.

Now, the GLOCK was designed to take 9mm NATO pressures. 9mm NATO is roughly equivalent to 9mm +P. A loading rated as +P runs at a higher pressure than SAAMI pressures (by about 10-20% IIRC). If the GLOCK is able to take the higher pressures of 9mm NATO, then it should also be able to take the lower pressures of SAAMI rated 9mm.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I think the main point is that the Glock went kB! in the first place. If a pistol cannot handle reloads, it's a piece of crap in my opinion.

1911 pistols handle reloads.

M9 style pistols handle reloads.

CZ pistols handle reloads.

HK pistols handle reloads.

Smith and Wesson pistol handle reloads.

and on and on and on and on.......

I don't see the benefit of owning a pistol where you have to be careful that you are limited to only one type of loading (i.e. factory).

To each their own in the end. Just be careful and don't use reloads for the Glock. If it says that the warranty is void when you use reloads, that's for a reason. Don't do it.

P.S. Why spend around 500-600 dollars on a Glock, then have to spend even more money to get a KKM barrel or something equivalent in order to fire reloads safely?

It's like wiping before you poop. It just doesn't make sense.......
You can fire reloads out of a GLOCK. GLOCK just won't warranty it if it blows up. All of the other pistols you mentioned have the same warranty. GLOCK just means it.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #24

Default Kabooms are possible with ANY firearm

Glocks get huge coverage for every failure, regardless of number because of intense hatred. I have several Glocks, completely stock, that eat every round I feed them They never hiccup, they never fail and they don't KABOOM.

I follow the manufacturer's instructions because every pistol design is an engineering compromise of one kind or the other. In addition, up until the last few weeks, I could buy 9mm ammo by the case CHEAPER THAN I COULD RELOAD IT.

As to the argument that you have to buy new aftermarket barrels, etc - nonsense. That really applies to the 1911 family. I have never owned one that was worth a damn right out of the box. You have to get very expensive customization ( or pay $1200 plus dollars for a new one) to get one that might be as reliable as a $500 Glock. Aftermarket companies want you to buy their stuff, and since Glock grabbed a good share of the market, they hawk Glock parts. I suggest no one NEEDS any of them.

Look, if you want to reload and not follow Glock's advice, that is up to you. I would not fire reloads unless it was an emergency. I do not put reloads into my carry guns simply for liabilty and reliabilty issues. Reloading for rifles and shotguns is something I do regularly, and if the price of handgun ammo escalates further, I may have to reload. But I won't fire reloads in my Glocks.

Hey, your mileage may vary. But just as with Glock warnings, my 1995 Camaro Z28 Owner's manual tells me that I need Z rated tires for high speed driving. I bought the car for speed. Know what? I run Z rated high speed tires on my car. They cost more, but THAT is the engineering recommendation if I want that car to deliver on it's promise and design. And to keep me and others safe.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Glocks will handle NATO pressures (42,000 psi). They are designed to do so. I wonder if the problem with some of the Glocks are rooted in the quality control department.

allmons, what 1911 pistols did you fire? Every single 1911 with a stock barrel I've ever fired was exceptional in accuracy (or course match barrels are always better, but that's the case with all guns...lol).

I think it would be wise to research the reports of Glocks going KABOOM. The practice off immediately "writing off" a bad report as hatred is not a good habit to form, in my opinion.

Did a Glock pistol actually insult the guy writing the bad report or something?

I'll stick with my opinion that you shouldn't reload with Glock pistols. They may be designed to handle high pressure loads, but the pictures ciruclating out there say otherwise (pictures worth a thousand words).

P.S. For the record, I have owned/fired the following Glock models: 17, 19, 20, 23, 26. I just wanted to put that out there so people don't think I'm some Glock hater that has never actually touched one...lol.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #26

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Okay, look, I am one of the BIGGEST Glock bashers out there, but you would be hard pressed to find a company these days that ENCOURAGES you to reload and shoot reloads through their weapon.

About 2 years ago we had a guy, big time hunter, has killed just about everything in North America, and he ordered a super pencil thin barreled Sako hunter. This guy WON'T shoot factory loads, he says it's "Like eating at McDonalds after my wife made me Filet Mignon" - True Story. So, he goes about reloading for this 7.5lb "hunting" cannon that was chambered for some ridiculiously large caliber ( I can't remember, but it wasn't a magnum action ) and sets off to the range. Two rounds into his second string of "test" firing the barrel pulls a banana peel, the scope came off, giving the dude one hell of a scope bite and knocking him, literally, our cold and he received a first degree burn on his left hand that was holding what would be classified as the "stock" on this thing. Took a bunch of pictures, sent the barrel pieces, and the action ( which was still in pretty good shape from the locking lugs back ) back to Sako. Ten rounds or so through it, you would expect they would at least take a look and see if there was PERHAPS a problem with their product.

Nope. Got the same parts back, along with a note in the same box that was a copy of their manufacturer specs and guidelines with a note that said, basically, you did it to yourself stupid....

I don't think anyone out there is going to be jumping up and down about Go Ahead and Load all you want for OUR WEAPONS, because in this day and age, we have more lawyers and more money than anyone, so we would care less if you blow up our product....

And anything plastic still sucks.

JD

Old 01-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #27

To each his own. I think 1911's are some of the best pistols out there, but I would rather have my glock in hand. Personal Choice. I feel better with it. All you guys quit bashing each other for christ's sake.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:20 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Shooter View Post
Have New G17L and G24 (3rd Gen) and I WILL RELOAD FOR THEM BOTH!!! Please Straight Facts and or Information, I Don't Want your OPINION: 2007/2008 Facts And Information!!
Sorry ,Gun Shooter,I know we have a lot of opinions and personal interactions
here in your thread now but..............................
Truth of the matter is that any controversial issues do involve OPINIONS.
I have learned a lot from this and I would hope the thread proves beneficial to you as well ! You said you ARE going to reload......maybe all this insight will
provide some better understanding of that action.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #29

Default Can I Or Can I Not

I'd better jump back in here; YOU PEOPLE ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL, Please Stay Away From Me On The Firing Line!!!!! I will reload for the G17L and G24 with Dillon SDB, New Starline brass, Winchester SPP, Hornady FMJ or XTP/JHP, vvN340, with INFORMATION from the latest Manuels and LOAD DATA.com. AND GUESS WHAT??? I've been doing this for years in ALL THE GLOCK's I've Owned. My Reloads are way much better than any Factory Ammo because of my care and attention and components. I reload for the funtime shooting!!! My Serious Carry Glock's are Loaded with +P Cor-Bon, +P StarFire, +P+ HiVel and some Awesome Fight Stopping DoubleTap. (" STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES") ***some of you are really something***

Reply With Quote Received Warning
Old 01-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #30

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Hey, good for you. Would you like a milk-bone?

Why did you ask the question in the first place?