Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > C? Sf? Pt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 05:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default C? Sf? Pt?

Okay, I've got the "C" moniker for some Glock models. "Compensated" has to do with porting for gasses and allows for quicker accurate shots.

But "SF" means what? I've heard "Slim frame." But what does it really mean about size difference?

"PT" is a new one. The grip is apparently a differnent texture. But wazzup about this new one?

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #2

Liked 182 Times on 126 Posts

I'm told SF stands for Short Frame. The handle area is slightly shortened to make the gun easier to frip with small hands. It is an improvement on the 21 SF .

Old 08-25-2009, 03:41 AM   #3

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
I'm told SF stands for Short Frame. The handle area is slightly shortened to make the gun easier to frip with small hands. It is an improvement on the 21 SF .
But the capacity is the same, it appears, so I don't know how a shortening that doesn't decrease capacity could possibly make a difference for smaller hands.

Alright, any other thoughts on SF? What about this new PT?

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 08-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 891 Times on 532 Posts
Likes Given: 290

I don't know if there are other differences but the PT texture is not comfortable in my hand. It feels like the plastic is very rough and jagged, I have not fired one but it felt to me like it would provide extra grip if you hold it very tightly but if you hold it loosely it could tear a couple layers of skin off your hand.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

While I'm not a Glocker, here's what I know.

The SF (I think slim frame) guns have a slightly narrower and slightly less front to back width in the grip. This was really necessary as the G21 grip is huge and blocky. I've picked up a G21 SF and it's a tad better.

The RT frames (not PT) stand for rough texture and it uses a different stippling and scalloped slide serrations.

The C does means compensated. There are gas ports in the end of the barrel to lessen muzzle flip...

Old 09-04-2009, 06:36 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I am not familiar with the PT moniker. I could be the FT which does refer to the "rough texture" on the grip. I just checked the Glock website but nothing that mentioned about a PT model. If I run across it, I will let you know.

They are releasing some new models soon, maybe its in reference to one of those. A friend who is a Glock armorer told me a subcompact single stack 9mm is in the works. That whould make the "26 like new gun" nearly as slim as the Walther PPS.

27 Words keep us "free"

Old 09-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

NGIB accurately described Slim Frame. It's not thinner in width, it's smaller front to back. I'm not sure about RF. C is accurately described already as compensated.

BTW, I like Glocks. My first semiauto was a G19. It was rock solid dependable and a good shooter. I kept it until I got my first 1911. The I sold it to a buddy and never looked back.
I have since shot quite a few Glocks. But, to my way of thinking, the Third Generation G19 is the best Glock ever made.

However, I'll stick with my 1911.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 09-04-2009 at 07:58 PM.