Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   C? Sf? Pt? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/c-sf-pt-17248/)

CHLChris 08-23-2009 05:53 AM

C? Sf? Pt?

Okay, I've got the "C" moniker for some Glock models. "Compensated" has to do with porting for gasses and allows for quicker accurate shots.

But "SF" means what? I've heard "Slim frame." But what does it really mean about size difference?

"PT" is a new one. The grip is apparently a differnent texture. But wazzup about this new one?

Rentacop 08-23-2009 07:48 PM

I'm told SF stands for Short Frame. The handle area is slightly shortened to make the gun easier to frip with small hands. It is an improvement on the 21 SF .

CHLChris 08-25-2009 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rentacop (Post 149421)
I'm told SF stands for Short Frame. The handle area is slightly shortened to make the gun easier to frip with small hands. It is an improvement on the 21 SF .

But the capacity is the same, it appears, so I don't know how a shortening that doesn't decrease capacity could possibly make a difference for smaller hands.

Alright, any other thoughts on SF? What about this new PT?

Yunus 08-25-2009 11:14 AM

I don't know if there are other differences but the PT texture is not comfortable in my hand. It feels like the plastic is very rough and jagged, I have not fired one but it felt to me like it would provide extra grip if you hold it very tightly but if you hold it loosely it could tear a couple layers of skin off your hand.

NGIB 08-25-2009 12:16 PM

While I'm not a Glocker, here's what I know.

The SF (I think slim frame) guns have a slightly narrower and slightly less front to back width in the grip. This was really necessary as the G21 grip is huge and blocky. I've picked up a G21 SF and it's a tad better.

The RT frames (not PT) stand for rough texture and it uses a different stippling and scalloped slide serrations.

The C does means compensated. There are gas ports in the end of the barrel to lessen muzzle flip...

Glockanista 09-04-2009 06:36 PM

I am not familiar with the PT moniker. I could be the FT which does refer to the "rough texture" on the grip. I just checked the Glock website but nothing that mentioned about a PT model. If I run across it, I will let you know.

They are releasing some new models soon, maybe its in reference to one of those. A friend who is a Glock armorer told me a subcompact single stack 9mm is in the works. That whould make the "26 like new gun" nearly as slim as the Walther PPS.

CA357 09-04-2009 07:54 PM

NGIB accurately described Slim Frame. It's not thinner in width, it's smaller front to back. I'm not sure about RF. C is accurately described already as compensated.

BTW, I like Glocks. My first semiauto was a G19. It was rock solid dependable and a good shooter. I kept it until I got my first 1911. The I sold it to a buddy and never looked back.
I have since shot quite a few Glocks. But, to my way of thinking, the Third Generation G19 is the best Glock ever made.

However, I'll stick with my 1911.