Bulk Ammo - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Bulk Ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

About that rumor the G-29 is being phased out: It's just that, a rumor! Started toward the end of 2006; there wasn't any truth to it then; and, there isn't any truth to it now, either.

Top Glock and Budd's, both, have G-29's for sale; and the factory continues to produce them. The reason I prefer the G-21 is because - with simple barrel, guide rod, and spring changes - I have the option of using a G-21 as a dual caliber 45 acp/45 Super pistol. In 45 Super my G-21 will rival or even exceed many 10mm loads. (And with heavier bullets than the 10mm is able to handle, too!)

Old 07-28-2008, 12:11 AM   #12

Thank you much g21!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:22 AM   #13

No Offense C-3 but the advice on reloading is terrible overkill that will scare away potential newbies .

I have never read a reloading manual "cover to cover" , and yes I own the ABC's of reloading also and I have loaded thousands and thousands of rounds that all went bang , hit the target and were never an over or under powered load .

superwoman unless you're an imbecile who can't follow a few simple safety precautions such as don't smoke or get a flame near your gunpowder and don't reload drunk and or on drugs and Pay attention to what your doing and don't allow people or things to distract you you can reload in perfect safety with a saving of approx half of the cost of factory ammo give or take .

The physical reloading process is as simple as baking a cake and is 4 simple steps if you use a LEE powder through expander Die , 1) Resize and deprime the fired case all in one step , 2) is install a new primer , 3) Slightly expand or "Flare" the case mouth to accept a new bullet and add your powder charge , and finaly 4) seat a new bullet into the case and you now have a loaded round .

superwoman I loaded for years without anyone showing me a thing just read the instructions and follow it's that simple .

A basic LEE setup can be had in kit form and you can get started for as little as $100 . With this and a $15 set of their plastic dippers to measure your powder you could perhaps load for your entire life with complete satisfaction and safety without buying a single tool again "I did for years" .

Lee's website has helpful instructions for their various tools try going there and clicking on INSTRUCTIONS than Lee Reloader Press and just that will answer many questions for you .

Feel free to IM me if you would like any questions answered .

Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 AM   #14

Thanks Big001. You make it sound really simple. I've been put off a couple of times by others I've asked, and I often get the conventional "you'll shoot your eye out" type answers.
I'm always up for trying new things, especially if people say I can't do it...lol. I guess I just didn't know where to start.
Thanks Again!

Old 07-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2767 Times on 1446 Posts
Likes Given: 241

Reloading is one of the most rewarding and informative aspects of the shooting sports. Once you start to reload, your learning curve about all aspects of firearms will go vertical. Understanding what it takes to not only go bang but do so with sufficient consistancy to group well on target and/or strike the target with enough authority to do the desired damage.

Reloading will turn your affection for firearms into an addiction.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #16

Thanks robocop, but I think you mean turn my addiction into an obsession I've been addicted for a long time.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8926 Times on 3867 Posts
Likes Given: 1397

Big- no offense taken. Have seen a few folks that decide that if the cartridge case will hold 25 grains of powder, that must be the amount to use. I started in 1975 with a LEE loader- the little "bits in the cardboard box and a hammer" type. And I really don't want to scare anyone away (unless they are bidding against me for that set of .308 dies!) On the days when weather is too crappy to go to the range, you have something to do!